• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    The only possible purpose of that (aside from looking tacti-kewl) is to keep somebody from grabbing the front of your hand gun. I'd generally think that the muzzle of the gun would be enough to keep somebody from grabbing, but what do i know?

That all being said, it's not that expensive, and it is nifty looking. But in a zombie apocalypse sort of way. If that's your thing, go for it. But understand that aside from a zombie apocalypse, you'd probably never have a legit reason for deploying it.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    The last time that a bayonet was used on a pistol was World War I. Even in trench fighting, it was totally useless. I guess it would be better than an empty revolver, but it's totally outclassed by rifle bayonets, knives, spades, rifle butts, trench spikes, Kukuris, billy clubs, machetes, and virtually anything else that a trench fighter could buy or improvise. Even in a zombie apocalypse this thing is of dubious value. Besides, it keeps you from mounting more useful items such as tactical lights. I doubt that it would stand up to much use anyway, judging from the price.

If you're just looking for a curiosity or conversation piece, I say go for it.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Why.................why...........why..............

CZ pumped these into the market a couple years ago.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    [billy mays]Do you hate being defenseless at the dinner table. Do you hate putting your handgun down to cut steak? Do you hate shaving with a non offensive weapon? Pistol bayonet solves those problems. You can go family dinners with your gun. You can go the fancy steak house with your gun. You can bring your gun in the shower to shave.

Coming soon is the cell phone attachment and steering wheel adapter.[/billy mays]

Last edited:

TBAGRR

Feb 12, 2009
    Edgewater
    have saw these a few times at a gun show... I just about bought one until i stopped and thought about it, what can this be really used for?

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    This might sound stupid, and it might not. \

Would a small length (a few inches) bayonet be useful on a carbine like an AR? I was thinking that instead of one of those new pointy flash suppressors designed to poke at people in CQB, why not a small bayonet added to the bottom? Nothing lengtly to get in your way, and not meant to spear people...just poke the hell out of them from a distance instead of using your gun as a club.

Lunatic Fringe

I Know You're Out There
    Apr 12, 2010
    Florida
    Pistol Bayonets have been around as long as pistols have. They are a last resort, not as necessary today as they were during the powder days but still being sold.

Necessary Evil

Sep 21, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I bought the one advertised on this forum for about half the regular price. I will probably mount it on one of my long guns - just a conversation piece. It is well made and very sharp. It does not have to be mounted on the end and used as a bayonet. I will probably mount it up farther , just to have a knife handy if you should need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom