• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Are you looking for the thrill of the hunt or filling the freezer? I go to the Wilderness Hunting Lodge in PA every year to fill my freezer.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I posted a similar question about SC a few weeks back and didn't get much response. We did NC in 20 and it wasn't great. From what I've now heard there aren't many hogs left along the Neuse River basin. There are some, but not worth the trip.

I'm still making calls in SC right now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    As always, I thought this thread was about Friday happy hour at the 'Vous. :innocent0

:lol:

Now that's a throwback to the past.

OP - my buddies and I went to Buck and Boar in SC several times over the years and always had a great time. It's run by a different group of guides now but may be worth checking out.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Are you looking for the thrill of the hunt or filling the freezer? I go to the Wilderness Hunting Lodge in PA every year to fill my freezer.
    I took my dad there before he died so he could hunt a hog for the first/only time in his life. Nothing like seeing a 69 year old run for his life from a cape buffalo that happened to be in the main hog hunting area. Worth every penny. No regrets. I know it is high fence but it is still challenging. There is no bait/food either. So it's not like you are sitting around a feeder. He had to spot stalk with a bow and had only been shooting for a few months at the time.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Try googling Macon Georgia hog hunts, you’ll get a good list of results. We always hunted private land but the services are good.

Hogswat rings a bell, but you can read up on the others.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I was hog hunting in GA as my son lives down there. We were hunting on private property many of the farmers will let you hunt hogs just to get rid of them. You can also hunt on state property. You also, can down load maps to show you where the hogs are located.

MoJoy99

Apr 28, 2018
    Fort Washington
    Wicked Boar Outdoors in SC is a good time. I was there earlier this year and hogs a plenty. You can find him on Facebook and Google. Nichols SC is not a bad drive from MD. I tried different outfitters in NC and didn't have any luck. I don't think NC has quite the hog population.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I looked into Texas helicopter hog hunting. On TV & YouTube it looks fun. The cheapest I could find online was $3,000 per day, which consists of a max 2 hr flying time, on the plus-side they provide the rifles and ammo. Lodging and meals were reasonable but not included in the hunt. Way too expensive for the novelty, in my opinion, but I’m not scratching it from the bucket list just yet....

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I looked into Texas helicopter hog hunting. On TV & YouTube it looks fun. The cheapest I could find online was $3,000 per day, which consists of a max 2 hr flying time, on the plus-side they provide the rifles and ammo. Lodging and meals were reasonable but not included in the hunt. Way too expensive for the novelty, in my opinion, but I’m not scratching it from the bucket list just yet....
    I would never tell another person how to spend their money, but personally if I spend $3000 a day to shoot animals, I would expect there to be a significant amount of meat for me to eat afterward, which is not the case with helicopter hog eradication. Again not passing judgement on what anyone else does, and glad the option is there for people who want to do it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

There was a fella on here who went on a helo hunt for hogs in Texas. We never heard back fro him...

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    There was a fella on here who went on a helo hunt for hogs in Texas. We never heard back fro him...
    I went with a group of friends that did it. I didnt fly, too rich for my blood, but it was $2000/hour per person.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom