• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 29, 2021
    Westinghouse wgen9500 for a home emergency backup. It seems to be a beast, which is probably not the greatest for fuel consumption.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Scythe and snath (and sharpening stones and peen), crosscut logging saws (and sharpening jig, files and manual).

I really hope one of my neighbors goes into the saw sharpening business post SHTF. I might even be willing to provide the tools and a copy of the manual to them to get out of having to do that job myself.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Great bacon if you’ve got more Bitcoin than BillGates...

I may have a case...purchased long ago.

That is big money nowadays.

Canned bacon isn’t cheap but it’s worth every penny. I eat two slices of bacon daily, I’d really miss it if it were gone. A case of Yoders is money well spent IMHO.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    This may seem like a minor thing and it isn't just for prepping, but for every day life. The Walmart near me finally put some of the rechargeable flashlights that they had brought out for Christmas on clearance. I had been watching them for a while. They had the basic rechargeable with solar and hand crank input as well as AM/FM/WB radio and can be used as a 2600 mAh power bank for $5.

SolarFlashlight-scaled.jpg

Then they also had the other model which is rechargeable and can be used as an LED flashlight, 7200 mAh power bank and can be used to jump start your car (not sure how well it will do that) for $10.

JumpStart-scaled.jpg

I figure you can never have too many.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Evacuation Plans Often Overlooked

Lots of stuff about hunkering down for a long haul. But what happens when you have to haul butt in less than 15 minutes? Those of us who live in SOMD have to deal with a LNG plant and a Nuclear power plant. So what is your plan? Roads will be jammed gas will not be available so how do you get out?

My Plan.
    1. I have satellite maps of all power lines and pipe lines and have a clear plan to navigate them if needed.

2. Bolt cutter and B-Bottle cuttings torch for locks, gates and fences.

3. Go bags with important papers.

4. Plenty of gas in cans

5. 4WD vehicle

6. Tent that mounts in PU Bed.

7. Camping stove and plenty of gas cylinders.

8. Self defense weapons with lots of ammo.

9. Paper maps of every state you never know.

10. Go bags with all weather clothing.

11 Solar powered GOAL ZERO for stuff.

12. ETON multiband radio including SW

14. Hand held CB.

15. Cash

16. Water and water purifier.

17. MREs

So with all this stuff properly staged my wife and I did a test run. After some additional adjustments we were able to get everything in one PU in 15 minutes.

Other things you will need to know is the general prevailing wind direction and current wind direction. You do not want to run into trouble.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Lots of stuff about hunkering down for a long haul. But what happens when you have to haul butt in less than 15 minutes? Those of us who live in SOMD have to deal with a LNG plant and a Nuclear power plant. So what is your plan? Roads will be jammed gas will not be available so how do you get out?

My Plan.
    1. I have satellite maps of all power lines and pipe lines and have a clear plan to navigate them if needed.

This right here is a major asset.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Screw shoes. If you’re beset by “zombies” GTFO.

Their feet will toughen up in a hurry.

Used to be 3/4 of the year we dint wear shoes at home or outside.

OK, OK, if ya live in Buffalo, there’s only that week around July 4th that you can skip wearing shoes but frostbite precludes same during the other 51 weeks.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I accidentally cut myself a couple of weeks ago. It was a small cut, but every time I took the dressing off it started bleeding again. I couldn't believe I didn't have any bleed stop. I went down to the local Walgreens and picked up a package. I really didn't need it for that small cut, but it pissed me off that I didn't have anything other than gauze and pressure to stop the bleeding.

4packbox-sm.png

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

OK, OK, if ya live in Buffalo, there’s only that week around July 4th that you can skip wearing shoes but frostbite precludes same during the other 51 weeks.

For two million years pre-humans and humans survived (thrived) without shoes. We were able to run gazelle to exhaustion barefoot.

Evolution was working just fine until……..

70f28cbef21f55a9ec43c5bc9f8d53cf.png

Shoes are necessary equipment for survival.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Farking LEGOS!!!!! You are absolutely correct.

How could I forget that obsequious and demonic threat?

Oh yeah, thirty years with none in the house.

Now, instead, I put my feet on the floor in the morning and enjoy a raging case of plantar fasciitis. ...which may be preferable, eh?

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD

I typically do not wear shoes around the house or out side. When I am in the woods hunting I used oiled deer skin mocks which I made. Wear a pair of wool socks inside them for warmth. I even walk out to the mail box in the winter with no shoes. The neighbors think something is not quite right with me. No I am just lazy.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I accidentally cut myself a couple of weeks ago. It was a small cut, but every time I took the dressing off it started bleeding again. I couldn't believe I didn't have any bleed stop. I went down to the local Walgreens and picked up a package. I really didn't need it for that small cut, but it pissed me off that I didn't have anything other than gauze and pressure to stop the bleeding.

4packbox-sm.png

Does it work? Is it similar to QuickClot?

spur0701

Dec 31, 2009
    This right here is a major asset.

My Plan.

How big and bulky is a cutting torch setup? What's the smallest most portable set up? I was watching "Storage War's" and they were using what looked like a battery powdered angle grinder to cut off locks. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Brushless-Li...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom