• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpprock

Feb 24, 2012
    Easton
    I have never owned a side by side shotgun and for some reason I've gottin a itch for one. Really like that Stoeger supreme nickel plated version but just don't seem to be any in stock anywhere. any input on the coach gun or where to buy?

Dillonh2

Jan 7, 2019
    Baltimore City
    I saw a new-looking Stoeger Coach SxS (12ga) on the wall at Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury, PA last week, price was $550 I think. I was tempted, but ultimately not enough. It definitely didn't have a "Supreme Nickel-plated" look, but hopefully you can land it if you're interested!

JaeLess

Nov 20, 2020
    There is a store in Westminster that was at the HoCo gun show a few weeks ago that had some used ones for sale for 300 bucks. They were definitely old, but they still shoot fine I am sure . They have the 2 external hammers on them. I would have bought one if they were 225 or so, but didn’t want to drop 3 bills on something to just shoot at random stuff. They would be great for home defense though! Pure intimidation if you were staring down the barrels of the business end.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I believe I have one of those. I got it used at Duffy's a couple of years ago. Best place to look is on the SASS Wire. Or find a group of local SASS shooters.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    I bought a NIB JW-2000 12 ga Coach Chinese jobber. Fit and finish leave a lot to be desired but it's a pretty good tree chopping shooter. For the 200 bucks I paid, OK deal, just not as pretty as the Stoeger.

case XX

Jun 19, 2008
    AA County
    J2 defense in Prince Frederick had a blue Stoeger the other day. Not sure if it is still there. Thats a drive from Easton but so are the other locations mentioned so thought I would throw it out there.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The Stoegers are ok, I keep tossing around getting one of the plated ones.

If you can find a Rossi Overland go for it Mine is a great little gun.

jpprock

Feb 24, 2012
    Easton
    I see the the jw2000 has external hammers and I do like that. Not sure if they are still in production or not though. I definitely want something with double triggers. I want to be able to pull both at same time

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    I was looking , fellow has a Stoeger for 350 on Cowboy this week. It’s the newsletter for cas . I have since gotten one seen this one listed today

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Ok. But, the trigger is front right back left where I'm looking for a front left back right, right?

Yes, that is the arrangement normally with the triggers. Why would that be a problem when engaging the triggers with your left hand?

Horseman308

Jan 27, 2016
    There is almost no perceptible difference in how the triggers feel, in terms of positioning left-to-right, if that's what you're concerned about. If it's having the barrels fire in a different sequence, I guess you'd have to just plan to fire the back trigger first if it's important. A coach gun isn't exactly a precision weapon, and I don't believe they are choked differently, so whether it's the left barrel or the right firing first really isn't likely to make much difference.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    There is almost no perceptible difference in how the triggers feel, in terms of positioning left-to-right, if that's what you're concerned about. If it's having the barrels fire in a different sequence, I guess you'd have to just plan to fire the back trigger first if it's important. A coach gun isn't exactly a precision weapon, and I don't believe they are choked differently, so whether it's the left barrel or the right firing first really isn't likely to make much difference.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I'll never hunt with mine that's now what it was made for, it's used as sapling cutter and home defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom