• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Besides how they mount, is there a difference between the m300c and m340c? I will use it on a picatinny rail.

It looks like the m300c mount would be more secure and take abuse better. If I'm going to spend that kind of money I want to make sure I won't have issues.

Any thoughts?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    For that kind of money I'd be looking to Arisaka Defense, Modlite, and Cloud Defensive. I was given an m300c. It is nice, but the slightly cheaper/still American Arisaka and Modlite options that I own are better.

If you're set on Surefire, I think either would be fine.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    For that kind of money I'd be looking to Arisaka Defense, Modlite, and Cloud Defensive. I was given an m300c. It is nice, but the slightly cheaper/still American Arisaka and Modlite options that I own are better.

If you're set on Surefire, I think either would be fine.

I appreciate the additional recommendations but I've done the comparisons. I'm just getting down to what mount to go with.

To complicate things further...these actually look like great options but again, don't know how robust they are.

https://www.larue.com/products/surefire-mini-scout-light-m300c-no-tapeswitch-with-larue-mount/

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I appreciate the additional recommendations but I've done the comparisons. I'm just getting down to what mount to go with.

To complicate things further...these actually look like great options but again, don't know how robust they are.

https://www.larue.com/products/surefire-mini-scout-light-m300c-no-tapeswitch-with-larue-mount/
    They are as robust or moreso than equivalent surefire products. Either mount will be fine. If you have picatinny available then get whichever has a lower cost, probably the m300c. Assuming this is for HD then it will be the perfect form factor and has a durable if slightly heavier mount. The quick adjust thumb screw is nice too.

If you're wanting it for running around in the farm or something less enclosed than a house at night, I still strongly encourage you to look at some of the products I suggested. They have a ton more throw vs the Surefire m300 series which trends more toward spill. Please bear in mind these are my opinions as an owner and user of Surefire, Modlite, Inforce, and Arisaka products (and I've used the Cloud OWL, just don't own one at the moment). I think all of them are very high quality. They are all great for some things and less good for others. Surefire lights tend to be at their best inside structures.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    They are as robust or moreso than equivalent surefire products. Either mount will be fine. If you have picatinny available then get whichever has a lower cost, probably the m300c. Assuming this is for HD then it will be the perfect form factor and has a durable if slightly heavier mount. The quick adjust thumb screw is nice too.

If you're wanting it for running around in the farm or something less enclosed than a house at night, I still strongly encourage you to look at some of the products I suggested. They have a ton more throw vs the Surefire m300 series which trends more toward spill.

Please bear in mind these are my opinions as an owner and user of Surefire, Modlite, Inforce, and Arisaka products (and I've used the Cloud OWL, just don't own one at the moment). I think all of them are great for some things and less good for others.

I appreciate it...thanks again

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Well, you really can't go wrong with Surefire. Personally, I have the following on my AR. This is used "strictly" for HD/CD so I have no idea about robustness.

It's 400 Lumens and ~2.5" long. Very bright.

Attachments

• UTG Light.jpg
      UTG Light.jpg
      35.5 KB · Views: 328

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads