• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cetmeman

Jun 2, 2008
    Parkville
    I ordered from them weeks ago and nothing. My mother let me use her card and address for some c-mag 32rd 9mm mags because the card has to match shipping address(She lives in PA). They took the money out of her account two days later later and nothing else has happen . Can't get through on the phone and they don't return emails. Has anyone else been burned by bo tach.:mad54:

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    That is typical for Botach and it is no secret. If you were expecting immediate gratification you definitely picked the wrong place. You will get your stuff...when you get it. Another thing to remember is that none of these places, especially one with as much stuff as Botach, keep all of that stuff on hand. It will be even longer in an economy like this. If you want quick, order from the manufacturer. Of course you won't get "a deal". There is plenty of information out there on Botach and most other suppliers and manufacturers- research is your friend.

I once ordered something (ACOG if memory serves - this was circa 2003) from them that I wanted asap. The rates they were charging for fedex overnight was unbelievable - so I rang them up and gave them my fedex account # to bill me for the shipping. They agreed with no issues.

As kevp said. It got here when it got here. Moral of story? Don't do it again. You'll get your stuff one day.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I ordered a holster from them one time. It literally took almost four months before I saw it. He has an awful reputation, which he deserves. Now I wouldn't order from anybody I wasn't familiar with without googling them first. Anybody can drop ship.

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    Contact Dan or Shannon. I heard everyone on a bunch of forums had issues with them but I guess I am lucky. I have had nothing but great experience with them and the customer service dept. Knock on wood I guess

Cetmeman

Jun 2, 2008
    Parkville
    The funny thing is they are part of the BBB(if that means anything). Thanks for the names of reps to contact, I don't think I will be ordering from them again. They lured me in with the prices. Has anyone got a refund from them.

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I placed quite a few orders with them over the months. Everything was smooth until the last order. It was sitting in "processing" so I emailed them asking which item was backordered so I could have that removed from the order. No answers to 2 emails over 2 weeks, so I had to leave a message to ask them to cancel my order. They replied back with a text message a day later saying it was canceled and apologized for any inconvenience.

I think if they updated their system to indicate what's in stock, what's out of stock and what's backordered, the problems would go away. No one likes to be in limbo and knowing whether or not something is going to ship or not would take away a lot of unknowns. The prices are great and the stuff I ordered in the past arrived quickly.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I've placed about a dozen orders with Botach in the past year. I don't recall any problems at all. I've also used LA Police Gear (holsters with free hats).

As I think about it more, the only problem I recall with Botach was a result of my ignorance. I was unaware that the length of the gas system can vary with a given barrel length. I had to send some rails back because I ordered the wrong thing.

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    I just placed an order with them, site says they will NOT bill your card till item ships.
    Maybe your stuff is on the way. I have dealt with several companies liek this and all i can say is some are very good with communication and others leave you hanging however my stuff has always showed up. I just think we all feel better when we know what is going on.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Botach.jpg

drew_acid

Kreuzritter
    I have purchased from Botach multiple time with great success. I did have one extended ship time - but I got the item.

Similar success with LA Police Gear - however they do hold your entire order if one item is back ordered. They do send you notification that an item is back ordered and you can simply e mail then and cancel that / those items and they will ship the stuff in stock.

They are by far the best for anything 5.11...

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I am going to have to say my experiences have been largely positive. I bought an EoTech 517 off them on one of their promotions. Think it came to $360 shipped! I read the bad stuff but for the price had to try.

Expected the worst but got my eotech within 6 days, was missing the outer carboard wrapper but everything else was in order.

They did forget to send me a bill of sale so I could get the rebate, emailed them (twice) but they did send me a PDF as requested.

So are they a crack vendor, no but they have resolved things ..........so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom