• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Now we get to watch as amendments to increase penalties for criminals are tossed out, while infringements against the law abiding are put in place.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    The same thing that happened in 2013. We tried to get violent felons who commit crimes with a firearm truth in sentencing. You may recall this. They wouldn't have it! :mad54:

Now we get to watch as amendments to increase penalties for criminals are tossed out, while infringements against the law abiding are put in place.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I was too busy being an anathema to the democrat way to watch. I was working. What happened?

Here is my summary. Sorry for any mistakes. Some very pointed and spot on testimony by various delegates from the minority. They managed to get the majority on record as supporting criminal behavior and punishing the law-abiding.

Amendment given to replace HB4 text with removing carve out for firearm crime for drug dealers. Defeated

Amendment given to replace HB4 text with higher penalties for straw purchases. Defeated.

Amendment given to replace HB4 text with higher penalties for stealing firearms. Delegate stood and asked for parliamentarian according to House rule: Can't replace the entire contents of a bill with something that is different than the original intent of the bill. Question to was made to the floor along the lines of: Then why did we vote on the other two, and now cannot vote on this one? Chair ruled it was out of order in concurrence to parliamentarian. Additional discussion. A house vote sustained the chair's ruling.

Amendment given. Motion to have amendment laid over for one day.

The session then wrapped up.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Here is my summary. Sorry for any mistakes. Some very pointed and spot on testimony by various delegates from the minority. They managed to get the majority on record as supporting criminal behavior and punishing the law-abiding.

Amendment given to replace HB4 text with removing carve out for firearm crime for drug dealers. Defeated

Amendment given to replace HB4 text with higher penalties for straw purchases. Defeated.

Amendment given to replace HB4 text with higher penalties for stealing firearms. Delegate stood and asked for parliamentarian according to House rule: Can't replace the entire contents of a bill with something that is different than the original intent of the bill. Question to was made to the floor along the lines of: Then why did we vote on the other two, and now cannot vote on this one? Chair ruled it was out of order in concurrence to parliamentarian. Additional discussion. A house vote sustained the chair's ruling.

Amendment given. Motion to have amendment laid over for one day.

The session then wrapped up.

And to think I mistakenly thought quotes of amazing might have referred to a blind squirrel finding a nut and the GA got a small something right. Alas, my bubble hath burst. Typical crime loving, legal hating drivel from the a$$holes.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    And to think I mistakenly thought quotes of amazing might have referred to a blind squirrel finding a nut and the GA got a small something right. Alas, my bubble hath burst. Typical crime loving, legal hating drivel from the a$$holes.

It’s common sense.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    In Bazzaro World.

No. Seriously. They keep saying these are common sense gun laws. They wouldn’t get mad when we use the term “common sense” if they didn’t have a monopoly on “common sense”.....right?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Del. Atterbeary seemed to care more about describing each of her 3 children than discussing the 3 amendments that would gut and replace her precious HB4 with real anti-crime legislation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom