• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cetmeman

Jun 2, 2008
    Parkville
    Has anyone ever converted an uzi mag to be used in a dedicated 9mm lower. Found the wescog video on you tube but I wanted to get the exact measurements to use for the tightest lockup possible. I know I have to use the caliper gauges. Any help app.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Has anyone ever converted an uzi mag to be used in a dedicated 9mm lower. Found the wescog video on you tube but I wanted to get the exact measurements to use for the tightest lockup possible. I know I have to use the caliper gauges. Any help app.

That would be manufacturing a magazine in MD and thus illegal if it holds over 20 rounds.

When you state dedicated 9mm lower, are you talking for an AR platform?

Not to sound like an ass, but make sure you drive over the state line before you do it.

Mark

Cetmeman

Jun 2, 2008
    Parkville
    Are you sure since they were bought out of state. Haven't done anything yet and did not even consider that. Now I really want to know. Yes an AR

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Are you sure since they were bought out of state. Haven't done anything yet and did not even consider that. Now I really want to know. Yes an AR

Let's put it this way...

You can disassemble them...
    You can modify parts...

You cannot put them back together or manufacture a magazine unless you are outside of the state. Read the law below, I think you would be WAY, WAY, WAY off in the gray area if you attempt to "modify" these. Since "modification" is not illegal but "manufacture" is, you would be at the mercy of some lawyer somewhere and a judge, but more than likely not a jury.

The jury would decide whether or not you manufactured a magazine, but the judge and the lawyers would define what constitutes manufacture... that's dangerous territory.

§ 4-305. Detachable magazines - Prohibited.

(a) Scope of section.- This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine.

(b) Prohibited.- A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

The price of being wrong?

A person who violates this subtitle is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.

So that said, take a day trip, re-assemble, and go about your business. Just don't ever build them in MD. Remember, even if you are completely legal... The only words out of your mouth should this go south on you is... "I don't speak to the police. My lawyer is the only person who will speak to the police on my behalf." <- See you tubevideo titled, "Don't talk to the police."

Mark

Cetmeman

Jun 2, 2008
    Parkville
    Thanks for the info. Not going to test the waters on this. My mother lives in PA and it's not a problem to go do it there. I had no idea that making a cut on a mag was illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom