• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 28, 2019
    I’ve been reading quite a few of the recent threads on applying for a CCW and have noticed hat many recent applicants with a high security clearance are getting them approved. I fit that billet myself and wanted to pick the minds of the professionals here on the best way to draft up my G&S paperwork. I’ve heard one of the key terms to mention in said document is “to protect classified information.” Is this still sound reasoning in the eyes of MSP? What else needs to be mentioned and how long/in-depth should it be?

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Exactly how are you "protecting classified information" with a firearm? (I/E - Are you authorized to take government issued laptops home, etc...)

JMR1121

Oct 3, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    See you are from the Fort Meade area. Do you work on base? I recently obtained mine about six months ago using clearance as part of my justification.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    MSP favors Top Secret and above; apparently plain old "Secret" isn't important enough to warrant their attention. (This didn't used to be the case; AG's office is apparently leaning on them. Too many pesky peasants running around with firearms, I suppose.)

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Seems like even if you got it under that G&S it would be severely restricted no?

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I’ve heard people using that reason based on the knowledge in their head more so than what they’re carrying around.

That may be true. I'm a federal LEO so I'm not familiar with the process, just throwing out what I would probably ask if you were providing me with that as a justification.

Jan 28, 2019
    That may be true. I'm a federal LEO so I'm not familiar with the process, just throwing out what I would probably ask if you were providing me with that as a justification.

Completely understandable. And I certainly appreciate your standpoint on it as I’m sure I’m going to have to answer very similar questions during my MSP interview.

Jan 28, 2019
    MSP favors Top Secret and above; apparently plain old "Secret" isn't important enough to warrant their attention. (This didn't used to be the case; AG's office is apparently leaning on them. Too many pesky peasants running around with firearms, I suppose.)

This is good info. If this is the case then I’m good to go.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Mine is from being a business owner so have some restrictions. Good friend went through the class with me and applied for your same reasons and has no restrictions other than remaining employed. Good luck and hope ya get it!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The info in your head is there 24/7 not just while at work. And it’s there forever even when you retire.

MSP LD is a cabal of idiot thugs guided by the gungrabber in charge AG Brian Frosh

Last edited:

JMR1121

Oct 3, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    The info in your head is there 24/7 not just while at work. And it’s there forever even when you retire.

MSP LD is a cabal of idiots guided by the gungrabber in charge AG Brian Frosh

I 100% agree. Hoping that things will change over the next several years or possibly be able to get my restriction lifted that states only while employed at particular agency.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I have a bunch of SSNs in my head, maybe I’ll try to get my restrictions lifted ;)

silverwolf

Feb 14, 2011
    For anyone planning to use their security clearance as G&S, be prepared for MSP to ask for a letter (on official letterhead) from your security officer verifying your clearance and position. Most security officers I know will laugh if you ask them for such a thing, but that is what the MSP guidance was as of a few months ago. There are other methods of verifying your clearance that MSP may or may not find acceptable depending on your situation. YMMV.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

MSP LD is a cabal of idiots thugs guided by the gungrabber in charge AG Brian Frosh

Buck stops at Larry Hogan. MSP could go quasi shall issue on it's own accord with a Hogan's word or appointing a Superintendent that would. MSP is a client of the AG.
    Good luck to the OP (forsooth)

Yeah, it's soooooo dangerous having a head full of knowledge. MUCH more dangerous than walking around at Penn and North Avenues.

:sad20:

Total BS for sure. ISIS everywhere after John Doe on a "data breach list" and his head full of secrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom