• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teatowej

Dec 16, 2018
    Waldorf
    I'm here to keep up to date on our crappy Maryland gun laws and hopefully learn a thing or two. I just had a bad experience with a new local "gun store" so, just want to deal with reputable and well priced places from now on. Thanks!!

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome from west of Fredneck. What do you like to shoot. What was the bad experience, without naming names? Check out the IP map. Gym Ratz is in your neck of the woods and has great prices.

teatowej

Dec 16, 2018
    Waldorf
    Hey Boss thx for the welcome. My shooting likes are everything I own. I just purchased a 30-30 Marlin lever and am anxious to shoot her. Long story short, I ordered a handgun for my wife and one for me. They came a week apart, I dropped off my sites to get put on while I wait the 7 days and they put them on somebody else's gun and didn't tell me, I had to inquire about them(took 2 days for a answer), 2 weeks in and they still have pistol. Oh yeah, I ordered a holster a month ago and still don't have that. That's all.....smh

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 198

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Welcome from Montgomery County. I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences with your LGS. You definitely need to hook up with one of the IP's on this site.

Cal68

teatowej

Dec 16, 2018
    Waldorf
    Thanks everybody!! It wasn't Fred's. Fred's is really expensive but, I have never had any issues there with anything other than they seem to have really dead personalities. Laplata is the key word. Unfortunately I am still dealing with them and I have an upcoming class that, I hope they can handle professionally.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome! We have many industry partners that are great folks and I encourage you to take advantage of their services. If you have questions or just want to share an experience please do so. The amount of knowledge on this forum is 3% less than the total amount of knowledge on the internet. It's hard to believe but true. John at Gym Ratz is a wealth of knowledge and treats you very fairly in his transactions. Glad you joined us here!

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Welcome from just North of you.
    Sorry you're having a bad experience. Try the vendors who are members here. They don't have the entitled "we're the only game in town" attitude you'll fined on Rte 301.

YoungerHarry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2019
    Tampa, Florida
    Welcome to the forum! Cheers!

By the way, newbie here as well. A photographer by profession, I usually travel around, camera in the trunk and my dog at the backseat, secured in his dog crate. I’ve been going around the various states looking to take the best scenic photographs ever. Cheers!

Last edited:

Cam305

Jan 15, 2019
    sad to hear you are having difficulties with the la plata shop. it's where I picked up my first handgun. owner was present at my HQL training otherwise I would have never known the shop existed(they are fairly new). the staff was friendly when I made my purchase, they happened to have what I was looking for in stock so I only had the standard 7 day wait with no other issues.

is your upcoming class with FTI?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom