• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HK1911

Jan 23, 2014
    MD
    I was in Archbald, PA and tried to purchase glock 19 and pmags. Went to the counter and guy asked for my ID. Showed him my driver's license, and he told me they don't sell to out of state residents. He said it was their policy. I told them no problem and put the mags back. I guess if I blended in more, may be he wouldn't have asked for my ID. Funny thing is I bought mags from the same store - Gun Toters Supply - a couple of years ago and had no problems.

Anyway, just wanted to let others know may be to call the store before you drive up to buy some mags. Not sure if more stores in PA are adopting this policy.

Last edited:

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I was in Archbald, PA and tried to purchase glock 19 and pmags. Went to the counter and guy asked for my ID. Showed him my driver's license, and he told me they don't sell to out of state residents. He said it was their policy. I told them no problem and put the mags back. I guess if I blended in more, may be he wouldn't have asked for my ID. Funny thing is I bought mags from the same store - Gun Toters Supply - a couple of years ago and no problem.

Anyway, just wanted to let others know may be to call the store before you drive up to buy some mags. Not sure if more stores in PA are adopting this policy.

Every Gun Store is different...

Like girls, some will & some won't...

Beach Runner

Mar 20, 2018
    I wonder if their policy has more to do with their proximity to New York and its ridiculous SAFE act. I believe that it prohibits possession of standard capacity mags, not just their purchase. The shops I have used closer to the MD border, and even up around Harrisburg, have not had this policy.

HK1911

Jan 23, 2014
    MD
    Every Gun Store is different...

Like girls, some will & some won't...

I agree. It's their store, so they have a right to set their policy. Just wanted to give a heads up. I had no idea they'd ask for ID to purchase standard cap mags, especially in PA. I was in a bit of shock.

HK1911

Jan 23, 2014
    MD
    I wonder if their policy has more to do with their proximity to New York and its ridiculous SAFE act. I believe that it prohibits possession of standard capacity mags, not just their purchase. The shops I have used closer to the MD border, and even up around Harrisburg, have not had this policy.

That could be the reason, but I have a MD license. They probably don't want the hassle of trying to keep up with some of the crazy state laws on mags. So it's just easier to not sell to out of state residents.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    WTH is going on with stores refusing to sell perfectly legal items because "well, it's our policy". Is this even legal ?

I understand it's their business and "they can do whatever they want" but they can't just willy nilly refuse service.
    It's like restaurants that have signs that say "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" which is BS. They can refuse service but there must be a good reason.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    That could be the reason, but I have a MD license. They probably don't want the hassle of trying to keep up with some of the crazy state laws on mags. So it's just easier to not sell to out of state residents.

The only laws they have to keep up with are PA laws

D-Log

Jan 29, 2015
    Reisterstown
    I’m surprised. I go the stores in Gettysburg all the time, there plenty happy to sell regular and extended capacity magazines to you, regardless of state.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    ID?? We don' need no stinkin' ID!!

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    I had a similar situation when I was in Vegas a few years ago. I believe their issue was how close to CA they were.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Their store in their rules. My money my choice where to spend it. Sometimes I wonder why certain people get FFL's l if they'd really be happier and feel much more swaddled and comfy selling Beanie Babies.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Their store, their rules...

Very simply THIS^^

Go to a PA gun show, buy online and have them shipped to an out of state friend (several companies will do that), go to Cabela's in Delaware if close enough; there's always solutions more effective than complaining

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Maryland isn't that big a state you drive drive a half hour or so in most any direction to a state where you can buy standard capacity mags. Either go to a close out-of-state gun show or simply a nice shopping trip that happens to include a gun store.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Their store in their rules. My money my choice where to spend it. Sometimes I wonder why certain people get FFL's l if they'd really be happier and feel much more swaddled and comfy selling Beanie Babies.

Selling Beanie Babies could get quite hazardous, especially on black Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom