• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    I am looking for a recommendation for a reputable auto shop that repairs and maintains diesel trucks. I am tired of taking my truck to the dealership where the mechanics have no clue what they are doing.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Radio_Flyer

Jun 18, 2015
    MD Performance is good, Sherry is a great person, but they may have some issues with the EPA right now.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I am looking for a recommendation for a reputable auto shop that repairs and maintains diesel trucks. I am tired of taking my truck to the dealership where the mechanics have no clue what they are doing.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Not close to you but Guy Motors in Mechanicsville does great work and is trust worthy.

Feb 28, 2013
    A feller I work with just had to pony up $4300 fer new injectors fer his Duramax. :eek:

I think he had that done at a shop in Joppa.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Yes. Diesel injectors are priced like unicorn tears. It's crazy. And this is coming from a guy who fixes luxury European cars all day, which have crazy parts prices in their own right

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I'm getting new Tstats, Rear axle seals and rear brakes done right now......by a local shop.....will post who once I'm satisfied. He will also do glow plugs as phase 2.

I'm getting sick of throwing $$s at my LBZ.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Saw something about Rolling Coal in an email from, to or about the MD general Assembly.
    Watch for a law to be passed. I don't have a link or reference, but I'll be looking.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I'm getting new Tstats, Rear axle seals and rear brakes done right now......by a local shop.....will post who once I'm satisfied. He will also do glow plugs as phase 2.

I'm getting sick of throwing $$s at my LBZ.

How many miles on it? I have 69k Alternator is noisy. I am going to start driving it more. No good to have let it sit around this much.
    Being an LBZ, I have been offered good money for it, but its not forsale.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County

I guess I owe it. Been a great truck.

I'm sure my tune will change if i have to mess with injectors or God forbid a head gasket.....

BennyB

Nov 1, 2013
    Chase, MD
    I think the shop youre talking about in Joppa is Diesel and Auto Solutions. I had my 6.0 worked on there. Regular head gasket issue. The price was on par with others and they did an ok job but it took them longer to do the work than what I was originally told. I understand that sometimes things happen and it takes longer than anticipated, but the communication from the shop to me was rather poor.

MEGALUG

Aug 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I think the shop youre talking about in Joppa is Diesel and Auto Solutions. I had my 6.0 worked on there. Regular head gasket issue. The price was on par with others and they did an ok job but it took them longer to do the work than what I was originally told. I understand that sometimes things happen and it takes longer than anticipated, but the communication from the shop to me was rather poor.

I Don't recommend these guys. I had to take it back several times for warranty issues that they fought me on. Ended up having to take it to another shop to redo the studs and head gaskets cause they said I voided their warranty by doing my own oil change. My recommendation would be auto and truck in churchville. Owner/operator Shane is my go to guy for diesels. Although it's far from you it's def worth the piece of mind.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!

I guess I owe it. Been a great truck.

I'm sure my tune will change if i have to mess with injectors or God forbid a head gasket.....

That lbz is hardly broken in. Injectors and head gasket shouldnt be an issue on it unless you run a high hp tune.

I think tune is relative.
    Taking it as rgramjet may be singing a different tune. As steves1911 is speaking of the truck playing a different tune?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom