• govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    Senior Programmer Analyst

New Castle, DE

DESCRIPTION

The Sr. Programmer Analyst requires skills relating to the development of applications using program development tools commonly found running on Microsoft Windows systems. The developer is expected to program in one or more of the development environments listed below and is proficient in the use of the entire MS-Office Professional suite of programs.

Specific Duties:

*Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems, using Microsoft Windows based application development tools.

*Converts designs and specifications into computer code.

*Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.

*Defines and creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and conformance of program to specifications.

*Consults with clients to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.

*Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.

*Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.

*Provides technical assistance by responding to inquires from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.

*Trains end users or technical support staff to use programs.

*Monitors performance of programs after implementation.

*Troubleshoots and debugs deployed applications.

EXPERIENCE

Required:

*Team player.

*5 years of experience using Microsoft Desktop environment.

*5 years of experience with Windows based client application development using Microsoft application development tools.

*Experience with the following Microsoft Windows development environments and related tools (Visual Studio, Command Files, VB Scripting, Java Scripting, ASP, ASP.Net, jQuery, Ajax, Web Services).

*SQL Server

Desired:

*3-5 years of .NET application development experience.

*Experience with non-Microsoft development and scripting tools. (Perl, CGI, etc)

*Experience with configuring Windows IIS web sites.

*Experience with web based development tools and WEB application development (HTML5, JSON, MVC, CSS3)

*Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services.

*Windows Powershell.

*Full project development lifecycle.

*SharePoint, InfoPath configuration and application development.

EDUCATION

*Technical bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university and 5 to 10 years of working experience, or 8 to 10 years related experience and/or training.

HOURS

*Full-time, Exempt, 40hrs/week, 8am to 5pm – Some overtime and after hours coverage will be required.

BENEFITS

We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, 401k with company match, and paid vacations.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    This is the problem with the IT industry. There are few if any that can do all this stuff. Contact me if you need a good hardware guy with 39 years of experience.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If you've been around software for a long time, those requirements are actually old hat. Well, except for Sharepoint - and its just, well..., ..., its Sharepoint...

Seems to be a little bit of an eclectic mix, but I suppose most shops are that way now-a-days. Perl mixed with ASP.net MVC and IIS websites...

I have a feeling Chef, Puppet, and/or Ansible are thrown around there also...

Next thing you'll post is OpenVMS experience is a plus...

Edit: DevOps is probably a key-word also...

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    The majority of my clients are large industrial/process engineering/lab/petrochemical facilities, which are rather slow to embrace "new" technology. Think VB6 and Visual Foxpro, lol. As a result, we end up supporting a variety of legacy systems that by all rights should no longer exist.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The majority of my clients are large industrial/process engineering/lab/petrochemical facilities, which are rather slow to embrace "new" technology. Think VB6 and Visual Foxpro, lol. As a result, we end up supporting a variety of legacy systems that by all rights should no longer exist.

You should see what I had in AA County when I oversaw Central Records. Old mainframe Unix systems from the 70's somehow miraculously linked to DOS based systems from the 80's. And having to pay engineers who had been retired for years consultant prices to come in and fix problems. The only Windows we had were the ones we could look out of to ponder what it must be like to have systems designed in the last decade. :)

I really need to do some certs. I have a Masters in IT Management but the last time I went job surfing I got almost zero bites.

10xclean

MDS Supporter
    Dec 23, 2008
    Kingsville
    I am still writing COBOL and loving it. Mainframes have become the biggest and fattest servers for Java Apps you could ever imagine. feed vsam and DB2 data to pretty front end in PC languages, but someone still has to support the batch mainframe and the feeds. Tough for a server application to update 800 billion dollars worth of accounts overnight. Mainframe does it in 6 hours!

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    This is the problem with the IT industry. There are few if any that can do all this stuff. Contact me if you need a good hardware guy with 39 years of experience.
    It's been many years for me but I would laugh at the job postings for xx years of experience in a specific language or technology and that technology had only been in existence for a few years. This is what happens when HR writes the job requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom