• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • killborn

Jun 24, 2013
    Crownsville, MD
    Gentleman,

I had set up my gun trust recently with the aim of purchasing one or two can's. At the moment, no items in the trust.
    Can I move to Maryland and use the same trust to purchase and apply for what I need or do I need a new trust?
    Did the 1 Oct changes in MD have any impact on buying silencers?

FoxFirearms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    You should be able to set up a new trust in MD, with the same specifications you had in your TX trust. As far as the silencers go, I have not heard of any ban on suppressors in MD. I'm assuming you already have tax stamps for the ones you have, so just get another tax stamp if you want another suppressor in MD.

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    I would check with a trust lawyer and see if you can do a restatement of the trust. Trusts differ state-to-state so this may not be possible, but it would save you from having to transfer them to the new trust.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    281 does not address any NFA items. There is some discussion about SBR's, but nothing definitive.

Silencers are fine.

Thankfully.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 243

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    To echo pilotguy, trusts are governed by State law. A trust formed in TX was constructed to comply with Texas law (presumably). You should have a Maryland attorney review your trust when you make your move to Maryland (presuming, of course, that you intend to reside in Maryland).

Gentleman,

I had set up my gun trust recently with the aim of purchasing one or two can's. At the moment, no items in the trust.
    Can I move to Maryland and use the same trust to purchase and apply for what I need or do I need a new trust?
    Did the 1 Oct changes in MD have any impact on buying silencers?

hey killborn. where in austin were you? i'm in the same boat. I still reside majority of the time in Austin and part time in MD. The rules here are crazy and sometimes illogical. AR's banned, but not those with HBAR..go figure. idiots making rules IMO.

PM me. would love to catch up with a fellow TX. Why I keep my useless CHL in my wallet here is beyond me :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom