My FN-49 Collection is NEARLY complete!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Are the bayonets interchangeable amongst the different contracts? I'm trying to find one for my Vennie.

If my memory serves me correct yes. I don't have the bayonet here along with all the rifles though.

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    Sorry to revive a dead thread but I just bought my 3rd FN49 and I want to see if I did OK or paid too much. It's an Egyptian with an optic for $749 shipped: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=366713707

I know I overpaid for my 30-06 Luxemburg but it was all matching and will probably be a safe queen. This Egyptian will get some range time. I also bought one of the Argentinian parts guns from SOG a few months back and should have it ready to fire this week, it was missing more parts than usual and needed to spend a few weeks at my Father-in-law's favorite Gunsmith but the barrel looks to be unfired and it has a rack number on the stock.

TheMaskedRabbit

Oct 26, 2011
    Salisbury
    Sorry to revive a dead thread but I just bought my 3rd FN49 and I want to see if I did OK or paid too much. It's an Egyptian with an optic for $749 shipped: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=366713707

I know I overpaid for my 30-06 Luxemburg but it was all matching and will probably be a safe queen. This Egyptian will get some range time. I also bought one of the Argentinian parts guns from SOG a few months back and should have it ready to fire this week, it was missing more parts than usual and needed to spend a few weeks at my Father-in-law's favorite Gunsmith but the barrel looks to be unfired and it has a rack number on the stock.

It looks like you did OK. I paid $700 for my Egyptian with no optic and no shipping. The thing that worries me most is what the receiver looks like near the optic mount. I'm pretty sure the Egyptians never scoped these, and since the seller only photographed the right side and top, that leaves some unanswered questions. Pics on arrival would be very helpful sir.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008

You didn't over pay if you got a nice rifle that you want to shoot. Parts are available, so even if things are buggered up you can still fix it up. In 50 years, who knows, maybe it will have some value. Maybe not. Doesn't matter if it's a shooter, it's worth $750 to have a badass rifle in 8mm that shoots well, period.

Personally, I like the FN-49 design A LOT!

I wouldn't want to sell/trade my FN-49's, they are gorgeous, classic, battle rifles.

Mark

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    It looks like you did OK. I paid $700 for my Egyptian with no optic and no shipping. The thing that worries me most is what the receiver looks like near the optic mount. I'm pretty sure the Egyptians never scoped these, and since the seller only photographed the right side and top, that leaves some unanswered questions. Pics on arrival would be very helpful sir.

I hope to have it by the middle of next week and I will post pics as soon as the gun is unboxed!

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    You didn't over pay if you got a nice rifle that you want to shoot. Parts are available, so even if things are buggered up you can still fix it up. In 50 years, who knows, maybe it will have some value. Maybe not. Doesn't matter if it's a shooter, it's worth $750 to have a badass rifle in 8mm that shoots well, period.

Personally, I like the FN-49 design A LOT!

I wouldn't want to sell/trade my FN-49's, they are gorgeous, classic, battle rifles.

Mark

That was my thinking on it! 8mm is plentiful and relatively cheap so this rifle will get plenty of use! There are currently dozens of FN49s on gunbroker and this was the best price on an Egyptian that I saw, the optic was just icing on the cake. Now I am just trying to determine if I really need a Venezualan or not. 7mm mauser is harder to come by than 8mm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom