• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome to MDS. You are welcome here , we have members from around the country , and even internationally, We disscuss gun and shooting topics of all types, and 2A issues in Md and nationally.

BUT SERIOUSLY, if you are looking for employment situation in DC , or the DC area generally, do NOT move to Md, move to VA ! Right this moment people from Illionis and New York State are saying to each other : " Well , at least we're not in Maryland" . The 2A issues are enough by themselves ( until we eventually we prevail at US Supreme Court you chances of a pistol permit are Zero, and massive restrictions on simple transport), but just scratch the surface : crime, inconsistant (generally crappy ) schools, massive gov't interference in every aspect of life, and taxes like people from Texas can't even concieve . Md even taxes the rain that falls on your property.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    There's nothing left to say that hasn't already been said. STAY AWAY. If not, you will be very sorry. Even if you happen to be a gun-loving liberal, you'll still be sorry if you move here.

If your job prospects are in D.C., move to Virginia. Don't say you weren't warned.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Welcome from a native Texan, I'm here because the job's and pay but in under 5 year I'm heading to Florida, I dearly love Texas but I'm retiring to the East coast of Florida, It reminds me of Padre Island without the people.

I have say Maryland a nice visit but I just can't live here. And the Dam State Gov got their hands I in my wallet the 1st day got here..

Work hard save your money and leave.:rolleyes:

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]MDS Gear Store[/FONT]

Poor misinformed person that you are, you have no idea the "big change" you speak of. Once again do NOT move here. Even if that DC job is a lot better pay than you are used to the great state of the people's republic of maryland will eat your paycheck up like setting it on fire. The taxes this state will bleed out of you is so unreal just to keep the freeloaders that have never worked a day in their lives happy, with a full belly, free rent, and a free cell phone.

I know it is going to be a big change

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    What everyone else said. I got out of the military here in 1973 because I had a job waiting for me in R&D. I have sat here watching this place get more and more like where I was born, California. Even the MSP troopers joking call this place the People's Republic of Maryland. I had the blanket travel permit covering NSA when there and I had a USG carry permit from the CIA when I was there in the 70's. Yet the only time I could carry outside my own property in MD since was when I co-owned a nightclub. I could have gotten a CCW to carry from the club to the bank and back but I considered that a waste of my time and money. Right now I work for DVA in WV and as soon as I can get my affairs in order I am booking out for WV. It will be nice to be able to go into a local WalMart in WV and walk out with an AR the same day if I want (Wyndom Weaponry ARs are as cheap as $849 there). Of course before that I will have participated in the feeding frenzy in MD and will have at least 3 ARs anyway. All because of the Oct. 1 Fascist/Communist deadline. Can't wait till my job finally ends and I can retire to my real home state of New Mexico. New Mexico, like Arizona is a place even liberal elected officials know which side of the firearms issue they need to be on to get re-elected.
    Good luck, you are going to need it.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    Yep, it sure is not ideal, but it is what it is.. need to keep working to pay the bills to buy yet more guns.
    I will be spending a lot of time in Annapolis and DC, hence looking at MD. Been looking at the Davidsonville area.
    So far from reading, am I correct in saying that I can bring all my non NFA items to MD before 1 Oct and be ok?
    Will have to work on getting a CHL and becoming a collector, but understand that I wont be able to cross the DC border carrying.. I will make it work some how.

Spending a lot of time in Annapolis or DC does not mean you can't live in VA. No reason to not live in VA and work in numerous counties in MD or DC.

ZX672

Feb 21, 2010
    Olney
    Former Texan. Moved here 3 years ago for my employer. I got a steal on my house, and now i know why. Move to VA, all MD will do is fustrate you. There are good people here and the state has very beautiful parts, but it is way to one sided (liberal).

BigBird301

Jun 17, 2013
    Hampstead, MD
    Carroll seems to be the best of what Maryland has to offer...the County Commisioners just recently declared Carroll County a 2A Sanctuary. Good luck with that when the jackboots show up anyway...

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    As a fellow Texan currently residing in the People's Democratic Republic of Maryland, my honest and sincere advise would be to try and find a place in Virginia.

Virginia traffic sucks, they tax you for owning cars, but you still have Constitutional rights. If you own any AR or semi-auto center fire rifles, stay away from Maryland.

Unless, of course, you want to join us in the fight to regain our rights, them please come and help. Traffic isn't QUITE as bad, but still sucks.

Bigrascal

Sep 7, 2012
    Chase
    My step son and daughter both live in TX. My wife recently came back from a month long visit. Her daughter carries a Glock 22 and her son took her hog hunting with his AR that he keeps in the trunk so he and his friends can go shooting/hog hunting a couple days a week after work.

DO NOT TRY THAT HERE..!!!!!!

You will go to jail....they will take ALL your firearms...and you will NEVER be able to own one EVER

WELCOME TO THE FREE STATE :lol2::lol2::lol2:

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    Just be aware if you choose to join us.

Maryland ranks in the top five least free states.

At what price will you give up your freedom. I have and many others have given away their rights for something else - job, family, friends, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom