• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Ah, poo. My check was cashed 3/14 so it looks like I have another 4-5 weeks. I did get my Maryland DC within 30 days though.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Ah, poo. My check was cashed 3/14 so it looks like I have another 4-5 weeks. I did get my Maryland DC within 30 days though.

Check? Credit card?

Shucks. Help a brother out. This morning I mailed off a notarized application. Filled it out online at the MSP site. NOTHING said anywhere in there about a fee for a collectors license.

Have I missed something?

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Check? Credit card?

Shucks. Help a brother out. This morning I mailed off a notarized application. Filled it out online at the MSP site. NOTHING said anywhere in there about a fee for a collectors license.

Have I missed something?

That's because you dropped off a Maryland Designated Collector application. No fee.

We're talking about a Federal Firearms License 03, Curios and Relics. Big $40 fee.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    That's because you dropped off a Maryland Designated Collector application. No fee.

We're talking about a Federal Firearms License 03, Curios and Relics. Big $40 fee.

Thanks!

But now I am confused. My best understanding was the MD collectors license allows you to buy without the extended wait time. Essentially pre-approved. Right?

So what does the federal C&R license do for you?

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks!

But now I am confused. My best understanding was the MD collectors license allows you to buy without the extended wait time. Essentially pre-approved. Right?

So what does the federal C&R license do for you?

The MD collectors license allows you to skip the 30 period between regulated firearm purchases. You still for the MSP to not-disapprove your purchase. Basicly you can buy more than one regulated firearm at a time.

The C&R allows you to collect firearms classified as C&R without having to go through a FFL 01 dealer (a gun shop). But only firearms that are on the C&R list and you can't resell them as a business. There are regulations to follow and paper work to keep. It's for serious collectors or people who can't find any other way to go broke.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    The MD collectors license allows you to skip the 30 period between regulated firearm purchases. You still for the MSP to not-disapprove your purchase. Basicly you can buy more than one regulated firearm at a time.

The C&R allows you to collect firearms classified as C&R without having to go through a FFL 01 dealer (a gun shop). But only firearms that are on the C&R list and you can't resell them as a business. There are regulations to follow and paper work to keep. It's for serious collectors or people who can't find any other way to go broke.

Thank you.

I found the EXCELLENT sticky explanation in the forum, went to the ATF site and skimmed through the list of C&R weapons.

I would love to have the time to devote to learning more about the classics, their values, etc. A great hobby. My hat is off to you folks doing this.

Thanks again.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I hit day 50 form the time my CC was charged for my license. So I called ATF and the nice lady told me that my application got to WV on Feb 25 and it would be 60 to 90 days! :whack:

I know what they are doing........
    They are hopping we all die from old age.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Just called. My license was issued yesterday! Should be in the mail today!
    happy-happy-1.jpg

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Is the welcome packet available online anywhere? I feel like I, along with a lot of others, will probably get the FFL before the packet, and I really want to start buying.

Also, how do I send the license to companies? Mail? email?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom