• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunTech

Dec 30, 2008
    Brooklyn
    i need help identifing these 2 rifles n how much their worth...... i kno u guys r full of useful info

DSC04497.jpg

DSC04498.jpg

DSC04499.jpg

DSC04500.jpg

DSC04501.jpg

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Mosin Nagant (91/30?)

SKS

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Top one: Possibly Mosin 91/30 - could use better pics of the top of the receiver.

Bottom one: Chinese SKS. Scope mount detracts from value unless original top cover is with it and unmodified.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    The SKS (upper pics) Is Chinese and the ser# dates it a early 1978. The 0141 in the box is the factory code.Need to see the top and a better pic of the scope mount.

The lower pics are some variation of a Mosin 91/30. Looks like a straight bolt from a sniper rifle...Thats a guess on that one.

Last edited:

GunTech

Dec 30, 2008
    Brooklyn
    anybody interested if ya wanna c em in person ill meet ya or u can come to the fort ......my grand father has had em for years n nothings been goin on with em so he asked me if i could identify em for him......so naturally i turned to u fellas for help..... n boat.....yea im a little special when it comes to rifles idk the first thing about em

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    top looks like a carcano the other is def a sks, most likley chinese

edit: yeah, bolt action rifle is definatley a carcano.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Hard to say what the top one is. It almost looks like a Mosin, but the stock and fixed magazine look different than any I've ever seen.

Better pics would help us all.

GunTech

Dec 30, 2008
    Brooklyn
    hes also willing to trade for a semi auto hand gun in the 40 or 45............guys like i said idk the first thing about rifles n he doesent either thats y im here start giving me some numbers.....i kno i sound like a push over but nobody here a screwed me b4 but im doin some research now.....but i gotta run out i have more pics n ill post em when i get bacck.....n like i said if ur close to the gb area we can meet or u can come to the fort

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I don't think anyone here would screw you on these either. Once we see the other pics, someone can probably point you to a reasonable price on both of them depending on condition.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    If I were you, I'd keep the SKS. Easiest and cheapest way (especially since it's already in the family) to have a good, solid rifle. Let's hope Grandpa didn't shoot corrosive ammo and not clean it before putting it away years ago.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom