• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    I'm looking for a new 3 gun shotgun and can get a deal on one of these in the low $400ish range brand new. I've never been a huge Mossberg guy, but this sounds like a lot of gun for the money if it is reliable and durable? Anyone have the 930 JM or have thoughts on the 930 series in general?

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I have a 930 spx . First trip to the range I put 200 rounds through it consisting of a lil bit of every round I had on hand . Low brass #8 , 2.75" buck and slugs and 3" buck and slugs , I had no malfunctions at all . 20 federal sluggers made a nice 3" ish group at 50 yards . It has a18.5" barrel and ghost ring sights .

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I've been looking for the 930JM pro. Seems like a good set up and if you decide against that deal let me know. :)

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I shoot a 24" JM Pro in 3-gun and it works fine. Shoots just as fast as a Benelli, around .12-.13 splits. You have to keep it locked into your shoulder or it may not like light target loads, like Win AA.
    A JM Pro for $400ish would be a heck of a deal as they are really hard to find, and hardly ever come up used. I bought a 930 Tactical figuring I would convert it but a used JM popped up on GB only 2 weeks later with a BIN on it so I pulled the trigger.

Edittman1

Feb 25, 2013
    The Range
    Funny, I emailed a shop about one yesterday, they said they were out. Then I saw one on gunbroker for $730 BIN. I checked who the seller was, and it was the shop I emailed.

I sent him another email and asked him if he would be willing to sell it for the price on his website, $600. He replied that it was sold out. I looked at gunbroker, gone.

Figures. :(

If you purchase the shotgun you might not want to shot Independence ammo in it. It's fun watching bigdaddy get ticked off in this video, he's a good guy and I enjoy his video's but he sure lets the shotgun get the best of him for a little while lol. Enjoy.

As far as my thoughts on the 930 in general, you really don't want my opinion on it. I got a lemon right out of the box and I'm sticking to it. Unless something drastically changes at Mossberg, the brand new Mossberg 930 SPX I purchased is and will be my last semi auto purchase from Mossberg. But hey that's just me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOUUzGvHm1E

Anyone have the 930 JM or have thoughts on the 930 series in general?

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Well I bought the gun. Once I get it in my hands I will let you all know how it runs. It was the path of least resistance for a cost effective 3 gun shotgun. For once I actually did something the easy way.

The Mossberg will get me up and running, but I have something much more stylish planned for the future. I've got a 5 shot extension for a Browning Auto 5 that I will be building. ;)

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Well I bought the gun. Once I get it in my hands I will let you all know how it runs. It was the path of least resistance for a cost effective 3 gun shotgun. For once I actually did something the easy way.

The Mossberg will get me up and running, but I have something much more stylish planned for the future. I've got a 5 shot extension for a Browning Auto 5 that I will be building. ;)
    Might be better to use a Browning Gold, as it is the same shotgun as the FN SLP and the Win SX-2/3. The Gold is the model that Benny Cooley used to win multiple world 3-gun titles. I think it might be the only shotgun that can do continuous .11s splits. I had 2 of them already and added extensions to make then 9+1 but found out I could practically buy a complete Mossberg JM Pro for the price of one Browning shotgun barrel. Selling the 12ga Gold financed my entire 3-gun shotgun package with the Mossberg.

1911BR

Feb 10, 2013

Out of curiosity where did you manage to find one? I've been looking for one for a while and can't seem to find one anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom