• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DES2013

Mar 5, 2011
    Happy New Year To Me !!!

Got these from Gunrunners in Frederick. Teaching the wife and daughter to shoot. Hope to get the lever action out to Cresap tomorrow. Waiting the "7days" for the P22.

Attachments

• IMG-20120105-00137.jpg
      IMG-20120105-00137.jpg
      42.7 KB · Views: 330
    • IMG-20120105-00140.jpg
      IMG-20120105-00140.jpg
      94.1 KB · Views: 327
    Deal isn't quite done yet but looks like it's going to be a Colt 9mm Sporter.

I'm just curious as to why you chose a 9mm AR-15 say over .22 (unless you already have one) as .22 is cheap to shoot and your still able to keep the range of a riffle. That said I don't know the range limits of a 9mm out of an AR I know it more than a pistol but that's about it, are they more reliable?

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I'm just curious as to why you chose a 9mm AR-15 say over .22 (unless you already have one) as .22 is cheap to shoot and your still able to keep the range of a riffle. That said I don't know the range limits of a 9mm out of an AR I know it more than a pistol but that's about it, are they more reliable?

We used to carry Colt 9mm rifles before we were authorized to carry 5.56 AR's.
    I had one, sold it, regretted it and have the chance to get another.
    I carried one for several years and it functioned flawlessly and was incredibly accurate.
    I don't own a .22 cal. AR yet, but let's just say this was an offer I couldn't refuse. :D

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Right now I am putting a new reloading bench together as the old kitchen table I was using fell apart.

I put one together from wood I got through Baltimore Freecycle (2x4 and 5/8 ply). It also doubles as my storage cabinet for primers, powder, and loaded ammo. I did have to spring for some of the wood to complete the project and I bought hinges, a latch, and nails. The lock was a freebie cable lock I got from one of the many "Child-Safe" programs that were ubiquitous in AZ. All totaled, I only have about $25 into it so far.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Rossi model 971 2.5" .357

Knew the owner and the gun has less than 100 rounds thru it. It is an older model imported by Interarms. Price was right and I always wanted a .357 snubbie.

th_rossi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom