• ...and so much more!
  • AV8OR

Jan 22, 2010
    Love my Win Model 70 sporter.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    To answer some questions, I'll be hunting in the mountains of West Virginia mostly. My property has a powerline cut going down one slope and up the other. The deer use it for crossings a lot. The max distance to the other slope is about 1050 yards. The deer don't see a lot of human faces up there and I have had them walk right past me at 20 yards without being skittish. So I hunt a wide range of conditions. I just started thinking about hunting the entire length of the power line cut instead of the first 3-400 yards I'll normally consider a shot in.

I changed directions on where I want to go with this now. I already have a super accurate target rifle in .308 Win that I never considered hunting with before due to its weight (14 lbs. without suppressor). After reading some posts and IM's I've decided to go ahead and use it for hunting. I've already ordered some Barnes TTSX bullets to develop hunting loads for it (If anyone has a favorite recipe for these rounds out of a 26" heavy barrel, please let me know).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom