• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I want to survive real world situations and I want the same for my students.

Put your hand strong hand making a fist in front of you. Put the palm side square to the ground, then put the palm side square to the inside. These are both unnatural and awkward positions. Now put rotate your fist into 45 degrees, this the most harmonious position for your bones, muscles, and tendons. The same position you use to throw a punch or just point at something. Using this natural position will prevent limp wristing and enhance muzzle control.- George

Interesting that you bring the 45 degree position up, i have heard others talk about it and even had it demonstrated to me but just couldn't get the feel for it.

mercop

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 7, 2008
    SW PA
    Just turn your fist inbound like you are throwing a punch. It all kind of locks together.- George

actionpistolshooter

Nov 11, 2009
    Dunkirk, MD
    I want to survive real world situations and I want the same for my students.

Put your hand strong hand making a fist in front of you. Put the palm side square to the ground, then put the palm side square to the inside. These are both unnatural and awkward positions. Now put rotate your fist into 45 degrees, this the most harmonious position for your bones, muscles, and tendons. The same position you use to throw a punch or just point at something. Using this natural position will prevent limp wristing and enhance muzzle control.- George

I've done this for weak and strong hand-only shooting and it helps with recoil managment.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Just turn your fist inbound like you are throwing a punch. It all kind of locks together.- George

Can we nickname this the half-homey?

I have had three other police instructor types tell me the same thing in passing. All said try it, never have. Now I have to I guess, just gotta make sure no one else is watching lol.

Would you then be using the upper "corner" of the slide for sighting? That would seem to make sense....like covering the target with the slide when the pistol is held conventionally.

Splitter

mercop

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 7, 2008
    SW PA
    It may make little sense to traditional shooters but should make more sense to shooters that are also martial artists. When your arms are down at your side your hands are at the natural position. It is when we extend them that we change it. This is largely part of Center Axis Relock and created by Paul Castle. I am a Master Instructor under Paul.-George

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom