• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    I like Benchmade and their 62 looks nice. I'd like some others to compare it to but can't seem to find many.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Benchmades are the best you will find short of custom made balisongs. There are many custom balisong makers but you will pay a hefty price on them.
    Unfortunately, there are really no middle of the road quality priced bali's. They are either high end or cheap chinese.
    The Bradley Kimuras were a GREAT line! Pricewise and for quality. Sadly, they are not being made anymore. Spyderco had a couple but again, I dont believe they make them anymore.

Look at Microtech, Bladerunner Systems (BRS), and the Bear OPS line.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    The Spydercos have been out of production for a while. When I was in the market they were comanding a hefty collector's price.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I was lucky to find a Kimura here in the classifieds a year ago. You might try posting a request in the WTB section.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Have an older T-latch BM42, but my BM51 is smoother, and a little easier to flip, it actually makes a good EDC, very versatile and good for the money, zen pins are awesome. Not a fan of the 60 series Benchmades, the handles are too heavy, a big step back from the 40 series unless you spring for flytanium scales. The Microtech Tachyon is a nice knife, handles are a little plain, but flips well, and well made. The BRS knives are nice, but big, handled a few, the Replicant is a bit lighter than the barebones and beast, felt the best to me. I want to handle a Brous B3, looks cool, has a clip(I like to carry my Balis), and looks to be a good weight, stainless handles, but milled out a lot so they should balance

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom