• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bourbonstamps

Dec 23, 2015
    Going to WV this weekend (MD Resident)... Can i carry open and concealed without a permit or just open? Also can i carry in state parks and wildlife management areas?

thanks!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    not a lawyer, so go to handgunlaw.us. but i think open carry is legal for most everyone (wv and non-residents) as is concealed now. aware of no bans at parks or wma's, but again, read thru handgunlaw.us.

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013
    Bourbonstamps, Im getting ready to do the same. Im going to WV in about two weeks. How was your experience? Did you carry? Any problems?

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Well, well, well...permitless concealed carry right next door. 6 months of evidence...maybe 9 depending on when the bills are brought out before the MGA next year. Here's hoping the Negative Nancys pull their collective heads out of wherever they have put them.

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013
    You'll all have to excuse my slight apprehension. Living in MD and trying to grasp the concept of constitutional carry being legal is like someone telling a fat chick "You can eat all the haagen dazs you want and not gain an ounce". It sounds too good to be true. Anyways, I'll probably be doing some mild hiking with my wife and toddler. Id like to have something on me to protect from potentially overzealous wildlife. I know that a full size Glock 17 isn't exactly ideal for that type of situation, but it must be better than throwing rocks.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ... Id like to have something on me to protect from potentially overzealous wildlife. I know that a full size Glock 17 isn't exactly ideal for that type of situation, but it must be better than throwing rocks.

People are a lot more dangerous than bears, especially strangers you meet way back in the woods. A Glock 17 sounds just fine.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    You'll all have to excuse my slight apprehension. Living in MD and trying to grasp the concept of constitutional carry being legal is like someone telling a fat chick "You can eat all the haagen dazs you want and not gain an ounce". It sounds too good to be true. Anyways, I'll probably be doing some mild hiking with my wife and toddler. Id like to have something on me to protect from potentially overzealous wildlife. I know that a full size Glock 17 isn't exactly ideal for that type of situation, but it must be better than throwing rocks.

In my younger days I would backpack alone with my dog in the California wilderness. I always checked in at the ranger station and carried a programmable radio to hit the fire net if needed. ( I was a member of search and rescue). I carried a .45 auto. I encounter all kinds of wildlife and had no problem. The .45 was for the two legged animals that present a greater problem than any of the wildlife. I carry a sig p230 or a S&W model 80 in .357. I lived in MD for 12 years and two years in the 80's before the liberals screwed it up. I couldn't be happier where I live now. Welcome and come and enjoy our freedom.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Even in the boonies more likely for trouble with meth cookers and pot growers than large angry fauna.

But that said, I have had an up close encounter with a bear, so unlikely is not the same as never . ( Admittedly in Va, but was within 1.5mi of WV line .)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom