• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    La Plata has needed some new food establishments in the area for quite some time. Luckily, that time has come!

Spoons Korean and American BBQ is going in the Rosewick shopping center, along with Bollywood Masala Indian Cuisine.

A Sonic fast food is going in at the corner of 301 and Port Tobacco Road and will replace the old Sunoco station.

Three Brothers pizza will be closing its doors in a week or so and will become a BBQ restaurant (I haven't heard the name yet).

Dunkin Donuts will be going in on Drury Drive near the Jerry's Sub Shop.

Emtbreid

Dec 21, 2015
    Baltimore County
    La Plata has needed some new food establishments in the area for quite some time. Luckily, that time has come!

Spoons Korean and American BBQ is going in the Rosewick shopping center, along with Bollywood Masala Indian Cuisine.

A Sonic fast food is going in at the corner of 301 and Port Tobacco Road and will replace the old Sunoco station.

Three Brothers pizza will be closing its doors in a week or so and will become a BBQ restaurant (I haven't heard the name yet).

I lived in Waldorf for years. Spent lots of time in la plata. That town will never be the same to me, before the tornado. I barely recognize it anymore.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

Sonic? really?

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Cuz that's what we need, more fast food and crap restaurants. Charles County needs to put more effort into getting locally owned restaurants and shops. Soon enough Laplata will be a mini Waldorf where none of the employees give a damn about the customer.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Sorry but who doesnt like Sonic or Chick-fil-a? I wish we had a CFA in the area...closest one is 40miles away...I think this is new..

We already have a CFA, along with all the other franchise crap. I dont need franchise BBQ if I can go to 3 different local joints.

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    It is my understanding that George's BBQ in Indian Head is behind the Spoon's Korean BBQ place going in the Rosewick Shopping Center.

One thing is for sure, George's has the best ribs I have ever had. I'm hoping this carries over to the new place.

Blackstar65

Jun 27, 2010
    I can't speak on the quality of the other restaurants but Bollywood Masala has the best Indian food I tasted. The have locations in Dahlgren and California.

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Honest to God, I'm not in a bad mood even though most of what I'm about to post makes it seem like I am.

T&J's on 225 is opening a sit down place at Sartink's soon but then again I think Dale's in Indian Head is much better than George's so what do I know. Why go any place else...

Sonic is going to have a tough road as long as the No Tell HO-tel pink joint is there. Traffic is already bad there, not looking forward to having people more worried about their Limeaid than driving trying to get out of their parking lot. I hope they ban going west on 6 coming out of there.

The plus about Rosewick is it doesn't have several entrances on 301. The negative about Rosewick is it doesn't have any entrances on 301. Too much trouble to get in and out of IMHO.

Three Brother's isn't really ever on my radar. Its either Ledo's, Casey Jones or delivery for us.

Despite all the boo hoo, I wish small businesses the best and more options are always more better.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    I don't understand why they need a sonic in la plata if they are putting one in waldorf too (its not that good, its just rare down here in SOMD). honestly, taco bell is better to my digestive system than sonic (i feel bad for whatever toilet i find about 2 hours after a visit to sonic... every time, without fail).

the last 2 restaurants I've been to for dinner in la plata were galazio and red oak. both of which are good, but i don't go out to dinner all that often (my wife is of the opinion that there is no reason to eat out of you can get take out...)

i would really like if there were some high quality Italian and Chinese food somewhere in chuck county... but that's like asking for water in the desert.

as far as dale's vs georges, i drive by both damn near every day and i use great willpower to avoid them as much as possible, but when I can't help it, I almost always find myself at Georges.

honestly, I'd rather get chipotle to go than eat out at most restaurants in Charles county. i will say the Mexican food game is stepping up in waldorf, i may even be learning more Spanish because of it.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    I don't understand why they need a sonic in la plata if they are putting one in waldorf too (its not that good, its just rare down here in SOMD). honestly, taco bell is better to my digestive system than sonic (i feel bad for whatever toilet i find about 2 hours after a visit to sonic... every time, without fail).

the last 2 restaurants I've been to for dinner in la plata were galazio and red oak. both of which are good, but i don't go out to dinner all that often (my wife is of the opinion that there is no reason to eat out of you can get take out...)

i would really like if there were some high quality Italian and Chinese food somewhere in chuck county... but that's like asking for water in the desert.

as far as dale's vs georges, i drive by both damn near every day and i use great willpower to avoid them as much as possible, but when I can't help it, I almost always find myself at Georges.

honestly, I'd rather get chipotle to go than eat out at most restaurants in Charles county. i will say the Mexican food game is stepping up in waldorf, i may even be learning more Spanish because of it.
    Ummmm yeah. We can't do Toxic Hell. I usually go there if I've been stopped up for a few days and then I eat some TB. ZIP! Problem solved!:lol2:

RonK

Oct 10, 2015
    Indian Head, MD
    In La Plata, I hit Maries Diner and CFA and still a sucker for Texas Road House. Pizza, Obo's within a mile of here and as far as Bbq I live within walking distance of George's and Dales. Probably the reason I need to hit 1000 miles + cycling each year:D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom