• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    If a landlord cuts off the tenant's electricity, he can be prosecuted and go to jail. Sound's like the friend got himself involved too deeply in someone else's business

netcentry

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    GTOGUNNER: Hey thanks - you were right on. Landlord did not show up, and PO dismissed. Tenant and friend cleared.

HEATSEEKER: Agree - yes everyone went to court but landlord. It was all part of her constructive eviction scheme. But tenant is moving out soon, so the nightmare will be over.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Ok - so I got a scenario.

If a gunowner who lives in one area of the county is being issued a peace order against another person in another area across the beltway with NO CONTACT, NO TRESSPASSING, SHALL NOT COMMIT or THREATEN, and although not really guilt of any of this, if there a chance of the peace order being finalized, will the gun owner loose their guns?

Although I see some things regarding protective order that says guns will be taken, what is difference between peace order and protective order?

Thanks for your input

If scum who pointed loaded shotgun at me still has guns, don't see how they could take guns because of peace order

netcentry

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    No guns was involved in the dispute... only thing is friend with guns got issued PO for voicing the tenants emotions to the landlord.

And the court did notify another respondent of another PO case who agreed to the Peace Order that he has to turn his Guns over to the police. Interestingly the judge asked if he would consent to the PO and the young man was hesitant but agreed to it. Looks like he could have said he would not consent to a PO, and there may be another step.

So lesson learned:
    - guns will be confiscated on final peace order
    - you don't have to consent to peace order but next step is unknown
    - most people who file for peace order do not show up for their own trial
    - lawyer is not always necessary - specially on the temp judgement- could save yourself thousands instead of handing money blindly to greedy lawyers (no offense to all the lawyers here - Just my opinion but there is truth to this)

Cheers

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No offense to OP , but this is an example about don't become too embroiled in other people's disputes .

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Why wouldnt they immediately press charges on the landlord stealing their property? If you are having a pissing match, ya may as well be the first one to press charges.

and while I most certainly wouldnt advocate being clumsy, if lighting were removed or permanently disabled, that could create a tripping hazard at which point the landlord may be under a lot of liability for injuries suffered.

With the way the laws are written, it is in the landlord's best interest for them to leave voluntarily and immediately without screwing with them too badly.
    This. I had an old landlord in MoCo arrested for destruction of private property. They need to call the authorities ASAP.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    OP, the landlord did multiple things in violation of the tennant rights. i get wanting to get out and away from the situation, but that is a very winnable judgement, so long as the story is as stated. stay calm and avoid the crazy.

netcentry

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    I agree z_man - its a landlord from hell. But tenant and friend just wants to move on and forget all about this.

This thread is really about peace order and how it affects 2nd amendment right. If the landlord and tenant issue has another dramatic turn, I might post in a new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom