• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Anybody have one? I am looking for glass to put on my ar308 when I finish building it. I also looked at the primary arms 1-8 platinum but it would seem like trijicon is well known and tested.

BerettaMan

Mar 27, 2011
    Harford county
    I've had one on backorder with BoTach for about 3 weeks now. They had the best price that I could find. I went with the MOA version with red illumination. I'll try to remember to leave a review when it comes. Hopefully it should be here in a week or two.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I agree with Racer Doug. If you plan on shooting any longer distances than say 150 yards, I would go with higher magnification.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Yes, I have one (mil/mil, red reticle.) It replaced the U.S. Optics 1-4X I had on my 3 Gun Tacops rifle.

It's a great optic. It has a 34mm tube, so choice of mounts is a little limited (I went with a LaRue mount.) At 1X, the reticle looks like an EoTech, but at 8X, looks like a precision scope. Overall, I'm very happy with it. For the money, you can't beat it. (Excuse the crappy cell phone pics.)

20170402_160830_zpsbfec0tgs.jpg

20170326_123708_zpsaxju0gd1.jpg

20170326_123627_zpsmixya9yk.jpg

It's a great scope for all-around shooting. Even with my terrible vision, I'm easily good to 300 yards at IPSC targets. If you want something with a little more magnification, I have a U.S. Optics 1.8-10X with a JNG reticle on my 308 Heavy Metal rifle that would fit the bill. It's not as fast or forgiving at lower magnification (that's why I have offset sights on it), but it's good for me to ~500 yards.

2015-06-20%2010.18.42_zpshrzfz1ul.jpg

Neither scope has any distortion at either end of their extreme magnifications.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    two guys i shoot 3 gun with have the triji 1-8 and really like it. i did not get a chance to look thru the reticle though.

PIPES

Apr 6, 2013
    Wish I could justify getting one of these. They seem to be exactly what I would want.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Yes, I have one (mil/mil, red reticle.) It replaced the U.S. Optics 1-4X I had on my 3 Gun Tacops rifle.

It's a great optic. It has a 34mm tube, so choice of mounts is a little limited (I went with a LaRue mount.) At 1X, the reticle looks like an EoTech, but at 8X, looks like a precision scope. Overall, I'm very happy with it. For the money, you can't beat it. (Excuse the crappy cell phone pics.)

20170402_160830_zpsbfec0tgs.jpg

20170326_123708_zpsaxju0gd1.jpg

20170326_123627_zpsmixya9yk.jpg

It's a great scope for all-around shooting. Even with my terrible vision, I'm easily good to 300 yards at IPSC targets. If you want something with a little more magnification, I have a U.S. Optics 1.8-10X with a JNG reticle on my 308 Heavy Metal rifle that would fit the bill. It's not as fast or forgiving at lower magnification (that's why I have offset sights on it), but it's good for me to ~500 yards.

2015-06-20%2010.18.42_zpshrzfz1ul.jpg

Neither scope has any distortion at either end of their extreme magnifications.

Thanks for the info. I went with the moa red retical. I love the scope. It's perfect for what I'm using the rifle for.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have a nightforce 2.5-10x42 on a Scar17 and love it. Crystal clear glass

Yeah but you can't use a scope that starts at 2.5x in something like 3-gun (or 2-gun, etc.). It will screw your eyes up something bad when shooting closeup since you need to be able to shoot both eyes open like it is a red dot and not a scope. Even a 1.5x bottom end takes some getting used to in 3-gun.
    Now if your just putting it on a rifle you just shoot I agree its a great scope.

PIPES

Apr 6, 2013
    Curious as to how you like this scope (assuming you got it by now). I was choosing between those two, but found a deal on the platinum 1-8 that I couldn't pass up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom