• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Yep, pistol cartridge in a rifle is a pleasure to shoot. I reload so it's economical too. My JM Marlin .357 is my favorite gun to shoot.

ngzcaz

Jul 13, 2017
    Yep, pistol cartridge in a rifle is a pleasure to shoot. I reload so it's economical too. My JM Marlin .357 is my favorite gun to shoot.

Love the economical part.... Now men know what you mean.. women put it more along the lines of saying " I saved you a lot of money today " or " the more I spent the more I saved "..

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    Just don't see that level of craftsmanship these days.. beautiful rifle. You must be awfully proud of it. :):)

Very nice looking rifle. One I would be proud to own. I have nothing that rivals that level of craftsmanship.

I do love my JM Marlin 30-30, nothing really special about it. I put a skinner peep and brass front sight on it and prefer that over a scope with my current eyes.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I've got a few laying around. Marlin JM 336 in 35 Remington, 2 new Marlin 1894's thanks to High Rock! One in 45l long colt and one in 44 mag. Winchester 94ae in 444 Marlin and a Rossi 92 in 454 Casull.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I'll be shooting the 1866, in .45LC, tomorrow, along with the sixguns and the side-by-side. Its Cowboy Action Shooting at Anne Arundel Fish & Game.

Y'all ought to come out and shoot those things.

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    I love leverguns. Used to shoot them all the time. The Marlin in .357 was my wife's favorite when we lived in MD, since it was a "real gun" (not a .22) that she could shoot locally at On Target and not have to go all the way to to Isaac Walton. Reading this thread, wondering why I don't shoot them as much these days.

Wish I didn't need the scope. They look so much better without a scope but my eyes aren't what they used to be.

Oh yeah, now I remember. I put peep sites on them many years ago, as my eyes aged, but now they really need scopes. Combined with moving to where the shots are longer (trees? We don't need no stink in' trees), the lever guns don't get as much love these days. Might be time to introduce my daughter to the .357.

Those Henry repeaters I keep seeing ads for good? Would like to own a lever action some day,but don't know anything about them.

Henrys??? Someone mention Henrys? Top two are Uberti Henry replicas. The next two are Henry Repeating Arms "Big Boys". Fine rifles, very smooth action, always a pleasure to shoot.

The revolvers are replica Colt black powder conversions. All firearms are .45 LC.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpg
      IMG_0065.jpg
      54.1 KB · Views: 87

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    Skinner?

Henrys??? Someone mention Henrys? Top two are Uberti Henry replicas. The next two are Henry Repeating Arms "Big Boys". Fine rifles, very smooth action, always a pleasure to shoot.

The revolvers are replica Colt black powder conversions. All firearms are .45 LC.

Are those Skinner sights on those two Henrys?

ngzcaz

Jul 13, 2017
    Very nice rifles. Is there a bigger difference in the bigger loop lever? Which works better? Or so you prefer?

Can't speak for Hairba111 but I much prefer my Marlin BL to the smaller lever. I'm long past hunting but I can't imagine going in the Mts. of Ne Pa for deer season w/out decent gloves and the small lever would be a real pita. That said, there's a lot of heroes out there that don't wear gloves or if they do they wear the half fingers or pop off mitten style. More importantly, how would you pull off the Chuck Conners " Rifleman " spin with a small lever ?? I must confess however, that when shooting both there isn't much difference in the temps that I now enjoy at the range..
    :)

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County

Did you SBR a meres leg? Been thinking of doing that myself. Something about a 12" barreled .357 sounds cool as hell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom