• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Well guys as I reported the rifle was able to feed and eject rounds manually, which is something it never could do, tomorrow when me and the wife hits the range I will run it and see if she cycles while firing. I am praying that she runs without any issue's because it would mean that it was surely the BCG never being cleaned, frog lubed and sat for 2 year's being the problem. I am optimistic.

Tomorrow will be the judge!

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Good luck! Douse the BCG in Mobil 1 and let'r eat! lol

I sat it in a cup of mobile 1 synthetic, took it out and allowed it to drop off, then slapped it right back in the gun without wiping any of it off since many gun guys said there's no such thing is over lubing the BCG.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I sat it in a cup of mobile 1 synthetic, took it out and allowed it to drop off, then slapped it right back in the gun without wiping any of it off since many gun guys said there's no such thing is over lubing the BCG.
    They are right. It should run well.. :party29:

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Purchased a new scope and a light on the front to make it more versatile, the scope is 2.5-10x magnification so I can still use it for home defense and when im out at the range and want to go further with shots, it also has a laser for quickly getting on target in a home defense situation without having to use the sights. These thing's make my rifle much more tactical and ready for whatever the situation is. :party29:

Now all she needs to do is RUN BABY RUN tomorrow which im sure she will.

Attachments

• IMG_20170331_210016.jpg
      IMG_20170331_210016.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 157

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just make sure everyone plays nice together. It's the insides that count. :tumbup:

;)

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Well guy's I was able to go through 60 rounds with only one failure to feed today, the gun cycled perfect, it actually fired every time the trigger was pulled and ejected the round. My bolt is gliding way better than it ever did and my firing pin is nowhere near as stiff as it was. I will take it out one more time before I finally trust it to be reliable, but this performance today was very encouraging for a rifle that could not go through a few rounds without failures to feed, eject, fire the round. This let's me know the importance of cleaning and lubing and making sure a new gun work's before you sit it to the side just assuming it work's or assuming it doesn't need to be cleaned and properly lubed.

Thanks for all the help you guy'sI!

Hoping she keeps getting better and better.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Rifle has been running just fine every since. Now I'm looking forward to possibly getting a ruger 556 because I want a metal lower and I just like ruger quality.

Thanks for all the guidance fellas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom