• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    Took my class on 03/30/14, check was cashed on 04/23/14 not sure how long the instructor held onto the applications, I'm sure it was sent via first class mail and took over a week to get there. Then factor in two weeks before getting cashed. I will Update accordingly

Mini14Tom

Nobody in particular.
    Aug 4, 2013
    East Frederick Co.
    April 12, 2014 : Took Utah Non-resident CFP Class at Constitutional Firearms.

May 5, 2014 : Check deposited Wells Fargo Bank by BCI.

May 12, 2014 : Check posted / debited my local bank account.

June 3, 2014 : Permit issued.

June 9, 2014 : Permit received in mail.

Took 58 days total.

Last edited:

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    April 12, 2014 : Took Utah Non-resident CFP Class at Constitutional Firearms. May 5, 2014 : Check deposited Wells Fargo Bank by BCI. May 12, 2014 : Check posted / debited my local bank account. ??? : Permit received in mail.

You still have a ways to go .... Once they cash that check they start their 90 day waiting period. The good thing about Utah is that it's a shall issue. So if you meet the standard you shall get the permit. Unlike Maryland, where they require you to give a "good and substantial" reason.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I took my Utah class on March 17th. I just got my permit in the mail today. One day shy of two months. Not bad. The sad part is I got it exactly five days after Pennsylvania quit recognizing them.

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    ...Pay attention Folks...
    The Utah Permit is NOT accepted in PA currently!
    Do Not carry in PA with your Utah Permit until a new agreement between PA and UT is signed.

This is not a hoax.

Along with other UT BCI CFP Instructors, I am notifying my past and current UT CFP class participants of this issue.

Refer to this PA AG notification.
    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

Also, if you are a PA resident with a FL CCW permit, refer to this page.
    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=6811

The new PA AG must be friends of O'Malley et. al.

-Chuck
    TeamHouse Training

Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    I received my Florida permit exactly one week after PA pulled the plug on FL non-res. My Utah permit should be here soon - doesn't matter near as much now. I live less than a mile from PA and do all personal business there. It was all about PA.

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    Received Utah permit exactly 60 days from the date of my class!

Now I'm bummed out 'cause PA pulled the plug on Utah permit.

I want Congress to get off their collective duff's and pass the National Reciprocity Act.

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    Received Utah permit exactly 60 days from the date of my class! Now I'm bummed out 'cause PA pulled the plug on Utah permit. I want Congress to get off their collective duff's and pass the National Reciprocity Act.

Yeah; how messed up is that; the attorney General has defiantly blocked the Utah permit. Not really sure the reason why??

EMS Burnout

Oct 10, 2012
    Baltimore County
    From the date of taking my class and receiving my permit was about 8 to 9 weeks. I have friends that got theirs sooner. I know it is like waiting for Christmas day, be patient it will come.

igotyoubeat

Apr 27, 2014
    Received permit today, took class march 30th, check was cashed on April 23rd, revived permit may 27 (today). Still waiting on Maryland to respond to my Maryland permit request. (Applied 3/7/14)

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Check cashed 4/18/14
    License Issued 5/15/14
    Took possession 5/29/14

I check my mail once a week so it could have been waiting at the mailbox for a bit.

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    I got my Utah renewal letter in the mail today. As I read it, it seems that I CANNOT renew it unless I have a Maryland concealed carry permit and that MD has to recognize Utah.

Does this mean I am screwed?

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I got my Utah renewal letter in the mail today. As I read it, it seems that I CANNOT renew it unless I have a Maryland concealed carry permit and that MD has to recognize Utah.

Does this mean I am screwed?

You are not screwed. Relax, and don't become unglued.

Here, you failed to be shrewd;

"If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit. For a list of reciprocal states visit: http://www.publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html Residency will be determined by your state-issued identification. If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply."

By Maryland, your Utah permit is not valued. And Utah will not reciprocate, 'cause Maryland is rude.

Therefore, Utah does not require you first obtain a Maryland Permit. Fine... Minor feud.

Sir Pumpkin Longshanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom