• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Maybe try referring them to the state police page http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx
    Click on Kel-Tec and it says sub 2000's are "not banned", meaning if NOT banned then it's legal. Maybe it'll work ?

I just ordered a pistol and was told it didn't meet Maryland's melting point guidelines so they wouldn't ship it, so I directed them to the MD handgun roster where they could see for themselves the gun I wanted was in fact Md legal. Gun is now in transit :)
    Thanks for the advice! I did as you suggested and emailed that to them, along with a screenshot in case they are too lazy to click on the link. I'll be surprised if they send it, but it is worth a try. If not, meh. It's a neat gun but I can live without.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Just a quick follow-up: PSA did eventually agree to ship after I told them they could take the included magazine out. Looms like my rifle is on its was to 2A sales and supplies after almost a month. FWIW calling probably would have been faster than email, though they were at least very courteous when they did respond to my emails.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Final update: Finally picked up my Keltec sub2000 g17 version today. A month after I ordered it.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    How difficult is it to replace the original? What tools are needed?

Just an Allen wrench, not sure about the size. If you're going to open it up anyway, I strongly recommend their trigger spring kit, aluminum trigger, and upgraded screws and posts. It's a minor pita to disassemble and reassemble, but their videos make it manageable.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Does anyone have the Glock 19 version? The G17 seems more common, but I was wondering if the grip is too small. I like the grip on the G19 handgun, and since I have that I was looking at the G19 Sub2K but I've never held the sub 2000.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Does anyone have the Glock 19 version? The G17 seems more common, but I was wondering if the grip is too small. I like the grip on the G19 handgun, and since I have that I was looking at the G19 Sub2K but I've never held the sub 2000.

Deleted

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom