• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I am considering doing a P80 build in a 19/23/32 frame and chamber it in .357 Sig. I have a line on some really inexpensive trade in Glock 23's in PA. A PA buddy is willing to buy one and sell me everything except the frame. This purchase would be significantly cheaper than buying used parts and would include magazines.

Here is the catch...
    I want to cover the Glock logo and model info on the slide and have it cerakoted- leaving it as a generic slide. I thought of using JB Weld and immediately scraping off the excess. Once dry, sanding it perfectly smooth before having it coated.
    Do I have to be concerned with galvanic corrosion from the metal in JB Weld? Is there another product that would be a better choice?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I am considering doing a P80 build in a 19/23/32 frame and chamber it in .357 Sig. I have a line on some really inexpensive trade in Glock 23's in PA. A PA buddy is willing to buy one and sell me everything except the frame. This purchase would be significantly cheaper than buying used parts and would include magazines.

Here is the catch...
    I want to cover the Glock logo and model info on the slide and have it cerakoted- leaving it as a generic slide. I thought of using JB Weld and immediately scraping off the excess. Once dry, sanding it perfectly smooth before having it coated.
    Do I have to be concerned with galvanic corrosion from the metal in JB Weld? Is there another product that would be a better choice?

I would check out a place that has a laser engraver and see if they can remove it that way.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What about just sanding it off? Shouldn't affect the integrity of the slide.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Not worried about going too deep?

I wouldn't think so. Cocking serrations are cut pretty deep as well. If you are on the book of faces, contact San Antonio Laser Engraving and ask them. I've dealt with them and they are great folks.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    PHP:
    Not worried about going too deep?

That's what she said......:lol2:

I wouldn't think so. There is plenty of metal on a glock slide. Look at all the cuts people put on a slide to lighten them. They take darn near half the metal off.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Much goodness in this thread...

I say J/B Weld and grind the excess away with the Dremel.

It's the only way to be sure...

:D

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Not trying to harsh your mellow but why remove the markings? Will take time/cost and may not work well while likely reducing the value of the slide if you opt to sell it down the road.

Again, your stuff, rock on. Wondering if I'm missing a good idea I guess.

I have seen people remove importer's marks which I am very interested in! Not to defraud a collector but just since I hate the billboards!

Not trying to harsh your mellow but why remove the markings? Will take time/cost and may not work well while likely reducing the value of the slide if you opt to sell it down the road.

Again, your stuff, rock on. Wondering if I'm missing a good idea I guess.

I have seen people remove importer's marks which I am very interested in! Not to defraud a collector but just since I hate the billboards!

The slide with be from a Glock 23, but nothing else will. Plus, it will be from an 80%, so selling it will be highly unlikely.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I figured you'd go for a G31. I have a 32 on a P80 19 frame, and a 31 on v2 17 frame. So if you want to compare the 'fit', you're welcome to.

The 32 is my favorite, it's about the ideal proportions (IMO).

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I figured you'd go for a G31. I have a 32 on a P80 19 frame, and a 31 on v2 17 frame. So if you want to compare the 'fit', you're welcome to.

The 32 is my favorite, it's about the ideal proportions (IMO).

I think I see a trip to smd this year, at some point...:innocent0

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have USPc .357Sig seller's remorse. I sold it to "upgrade" to a VP9.
    If I make my own G32, I will feel as though my penis is partially restored. Sadly, I will still be a dirty Glock owner.

I feel really dirty and need to take another shower.

Showers can be golden at times(figuratively speaking...).

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yeah, you're going to need to make a 32 AND a 31 to atone for selling off a USPc in 357SIG...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom