• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ninjai55

May 18, 2018
    Hello all I'm thinking about purchasing a diy ar kit from ground zero precision. Link provided.

https://www.groundzeroprecision.com...guard-4cr-crowned-barrel?variant=135590739988

1. Does the build seem decent for the price?

2. Does the part list have any subpar parts or are they decent all-around?

3. Can crowned barrels be threaded to allow compensators or am I better off ordering a heavy barrel pre threaded separately.

Thanks for any feedback.

DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    i dont think thats a bad price honestly but you get what you pay for. in the end it matters what the purpose of your build is.

if you need it to be reliable during the time when you need it most its better to put your trust in high quality parts but that could work just fine

im not really sure what the purpose of a crowned threadless barrel is since maryland hasnt banned muzzle devices or flash hiders but has that copycat law which is easy to avoid

as far as subpar parts, its look like all the parts are made in house by them so i wouldnt know if their products are quality or not

im not a fan of buying complete parts kit cause i can usually find good prices on the parts i actually want instead of being trapped into the parts that it comes with

Ninjai55

May 18, 2018
    Forgot to add in my first post, this rifle would be for home defense and plinking at the range. Not planning on winning any competitions with it.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    i dont think thats a bad price honestly but you get what you pay for. in the end it matters what the purpose of your build is.

if you need it to be reliable during the time when you need it most its better to put your trust in high quality parts but that could work just fine

im not really sure what the purpose of a crowned threadless barrel is since maryland hasnt banned muzzle devices or flash hiders but has that copycat law which is easy to avoid

as far as subpar parts, its look like all the parts are made in house by them so i wouldnt know if their products are quality or not

im not a fan of buying complete parts kit cause i can usually find good prices on the parts i actually want instead of being trapped into the parts that it comes with

Sounds like bull barrel. the LPK is pretty much a standard parts kit. THe OP if he wants can spend another 20-70 and upgrade the pistol grip. Free float is a little short 10". OP could spend a about 150 and get a pretty good 13" free float. But as is it SHOULD make a decent rifle

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom