• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Also, novus, why an *unsigned* copy of your FFL? iIthought it was proper to send people shipping guns to you a *signed* copy of your C&R..

To other FFLs, yes, but I see nothing that says you have to give even an unsigned copy to a non-licensee. I could be wrong though, but until someone shows me where, I will assume I am right.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    To other FFLs, yes, but I see nothing that says you have to give even an unsigned copy to a non-licensee. I could be wrong though, but until someone shows me where, I will assume I am right.

Thanks, bud. I might just black out that area if i ever need to send an unsigned copy for any reason.

can you buy a c&r handgun from a non-ffl out of state? i want to buy a walther p-38 from a guy in IL and i dont know if he has an ffl but since i am one and its going to me is this kosher?

According to the Open Letter To All Federally Licensed Collectors of Curios and Relics found here http://www.cruffler.com/BATFOpenLetterToC&RHolders.pdf it is authorized by the BATF that you "May aquire and dispose of curios and relics at any location." as long as you record it properly in your bound book.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Thanks, bud. I might just black out that area if i ever need to send an unsigned copy for any reason.

According to the Open Letter To All Federally Licensed Collectors of Curios and Relics found here http://www.cruffler.com/BATFOpenLetterToC&RHolders.pdf it is authorized by the BATF that you "May aquire and dispose of curios and relics at any location." as long as you record it properly in your bound book.

NOt ture, you cannot disposeess a C&R at any location, you can only acquire them at any location to non-licensees. To other licensees you can disposses to them at any location though.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Oh, but you need to double check Illinois law of course, because they have some pretty nazified laws there.

If he is recieving the C&R handgun from the Illinois resident while not in Illinois himself, then he should not have to worry about Illinois law, but the person in Illinois might.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Anyone remember how long it was between the time they cashed the check and when you got your licence? seems to me like its been a month since the check was cashed and still no paperwork :(

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Anyone remember how long it was between the time they cashed the check and when you got your licence? seems to me like its been a month since the check was cashed and still no paperwork :(

It can take up to two months, but the average seems to be about four to six weeks. However, some people have received it within two and a half weeks.
    Unless they are still backed up, expect it within a week or two.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    Coinboy, thanks for posting the info about where to get the C&R Forms. It may be the fact I'm not savy enough to get things right on the list of questions they ask to order these forms?

I put all of the information down they ask to include my name, address, email address, and phone number. I also put down 2 in the quantities for how many forms I need. I make sure I have the correct line number (9) and the right F 7CR (5310.16) Forms marked.

When I hit the submit button it tells me something isn't filled out wrong? I have tried this several times and haven't been able to get past this point. Have you ever heard of this problem when anyone else has tried to order these forms?

Any help would be appreciated, I can figure if anyone can have a problem it's me. There are some things I'm good at, and others I'm not (like dealing with Government Forms)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Ok seriously considering this... what's the catch?
    The worst?
    You can be auditted up to once a year, but this is uncommon (heard of about half a dozen in MD so far, but supposedly they do maybe a dozen a month in MD) and you have the option of doing it at the nearest field office.
    You cannot sell ammunition for handguns to anyone under 21 and long gun ammo to anyone under 18 IIRC.
    YOu have to keep a "bound book" record of C&R transactions which is not too bad really.
    You might have to keep records of any C&R you dispossesed of while you had the license for 20 years, but not the records of the acquisitions that you never dispossesed of while you had the license.
    You have to pay $30.
    You have to fill out two forms.
    You have to lick the envelope (paper cuts are a danger).
    Your bank account will be empty and your credit cards maxed out because you will not be able to stop buying C&R guns.
    Your wife will probably leave you because you used her closet space for more C&R guns.
    Your neighbors will get mad at you because the Brown Truck of Joy keeps blocking the road in front of your house.

I may have forgotten a few.

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    Your bank account will be empty and your credit cards maxed out because you will not be able to stop buying C&R guns.

Novus forgot one catch: You have to find out who the CLEO for your community is. Not always easy to find!

First thing to do after you got your C&R license - cut up all your credit cards ...
    Additionally make sure your better half cannot tell the difference between gun types and do not let her see all of them together so she can count.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    The worst?
    You can be auditted up to once a year, but this is uncommon (heard of about half a dozen in MD so far, but supposedly they do maybe a dozen a month in MD) and you have the option of doing it at the nearest field office.
    You cannot sell ammunition for handguns to anyone under 21 and long gun ammo to anyone under 18 IIRC.
    Don't like the sound of being Audited... but I guess they only do that if there's a good reason?
    YOu have to keep a "bound book" record of C&R transactions which is not too bad really.
    You might have to keep records of any C&R you dispossessed of while you had the license for 20 years, but not the records of the acquisitions that you never dispossessed of while you had the license.
    I have no problem keeping a record of my weapons haha especially since it's mostly non-public.
    You have to pay $30.
    You have to fill out two forms.
    You have to lick the envelope (paper cuts are a danger).
    Your wife will probably leave you because you used her closet space for more C&R guns.
    Your neighbors will get mad at you because the Brown Truck of Joy keeps blocking the road in front of your house.
    Ain't nuthin, but a thing. I have no wife and when I get a girlfriend she will like guns or not be my girlfriend haha, and my neighbors can't even see my house, the trouble is the Brown Truck of Joy getting back out of my gravel driveway haha
    I probably will end up spending a lot of money though haha :D
    So if I get one of these can I get an old WWII handgun not being 21? Or do I still have to wait till the end of the year for that?
    And can the CLEO be the County Sheriff? We know Tim haha

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Don't like the sound of being Audited... but I guess they only do that if there's a good reason?
    Audits are random. However if there is a criminal investigation they can demand to see your book dealing with a gun trace. If you never disposses any C&R guns, then this should never happen.

I have no problem keeping a record of my weapons haha especially since it's mostly non-public.

Ain't nuthin, but a thing. I have no wife and when I get a girlfriend she will like guns or not be my girlfriend haha, and my neighbors can't even see my house, the trouble is the Brown Truck of Joy getting back out of my gravel driveway haha
    I probably will end up spending a lot of money though haha :D
    So if I get one of these can I get an old WWII handgun not being 21? Or do I still have to wait till the end of the year for that?
    And can the CLEO be the County Sheriff? We know Tim haha
    You have to be 21 to get the C&R FFL. I cannot cite this in code right now though, but trust me on this one for now.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    Argh damn my late in the year birthday! I have to be 21 to fully enjoy my favorite pub too!
    Damn damn damn.... Damn!:mad54::mad54::mad54:

Oh well.... Good things come to those who wait. I suppose I'll just continue the old tried and true method of save up and buy...:sad20:

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Coinboy, thanks for posting the info about where to get the C&R Forms. It may be the fact I'm not savy enough to get things right on the list of questions they ask to order these forms?

I put all of the information down they ask to include my name, address, email address, and phone number. I also put down 2 in the quantities for how many forms I need. I make sure I have the correct line number (9) and the right F 7CR (5310.16) Forms marked.

When I hit the submit button it tells me something isn't filled out wrong? I have tried this several times and haven't been able to get past this point. Have you ever heard of this problem when anyone else has tried to order these forms?

Any help would be appreciated, I can figure if anyone can have a problem it's me. There are some things I'm good at, and others I'm not (like dealing with Government Forms)

I think you filled something out wrong. I just ordered 5 forms and it worked fine. First you click on the little "o" on the right side (in the blue section) of the page listed as "F 7CR (5310.16) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms." Next got to the tan section just above the blue section and make sure step 1 says "Order Item 1" Then click ADD. After you click ADD. The listing will appear on the left side of the page under the Order Item Boxes in the 1) box. Go to the right of that box and type 2 in for the quantity of the C&R forms. Next, type in your information in the Part 1 section under the red heading listed as "Customer Information." When finished click submit under the Part III red section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom