• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

Baesick

Nov 29, 2016
    Hanover, MD
    Cool, I might go ahead and do that then to start the waiting period. I ended up doing the online Texas hunters ed course and submitted that in lieu of taking a class in person. I would think that based on how long it took for mine to become active that you all should get it this week or next.

Let me know if they can start the paperwork with just the numbers.

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    My license number has always said pending since the beginning?

I login to check again. Checklist tab is there again and still the same with only two things checked. License pending and now blank again on license number. I guess the system glitch on me. When I log in early I did use a different computer which might explain the glitch.

Big_Z

Nov 30, 2016
    Applied November 3rd,
    Approved November 23rd
    Postmarked November 28th
    In my mailbox December 1st.

wowmattsays

Oct 4, 2016
    applied 11/12/2016
    DHMH checked off 11/16/2016
    got a letter in the mail the same day from CJIS dated 11/14

no change since then.

Hey this is the same for me, except I literally got the CJIS letter YESTERDAY. Otherwise, no changes. UGH.

Baesick

Nov 29, 2016
    Hanover, MD
    Here is an email I sent them a few days ago. I don't think they really care about the updates or anything. As you can see they didnt even answer my question.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Richard <REMOVED@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hello,

Is the application check list for the HQL not updated when items are completed? I received a letter from CJIS, but the application check list is still marked unchecked.
    I would like any updates if possible.

Thank you

-Richard

Date: Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 1:08 PM
    Subject: Re: HQL Application Status

Yes the application is updated when we start our background investigation but your application was received on 11/11/2016 and by law we have 30 days to process and complete an HQL application from the date it is received in our office after which a card is printed and mailed to you at the address listed on your application by the post office.. Due to the recent volume of applications being received we have been taking the full 30 days to process the applications. Thank you for your patience.

Also the letter that you received from the Department of Public Safety is a background that is done every time you get your fingerprints taken. It is not the background that our office does with regards to the processing of the HQL license.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I think they are purposely delaying these the full 30 days as an additional "cool down" period due to the election. I know a few Libs that are trying to get a firearm. So I think I have another 2 weeks. :(

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    I think they are purposely delaying these the full 30 days as an additional "cool down" period due to the election. I know a few Libs that are trying to get a firearm. So I think I have another 2 weeks. :(

Also Due to the holidays, I'm sure they didn't work much of thanksgiving week. On the bright side we're getting closer to the full 30 days

Saml

I survived the rapture
    Nov 27, 2016
    HoCo(lumbia)
    I took the HQL course & submitted all the online paperwork & fees on the 5th of November. 5 days later I saw DHMH had been completed. It stayed like that, with only the DHMH complete until about 1 week ago (21 days into waiting) then all but 3 had been complete. Livescan , NICS, and secondary review were left incomplete. 3 days ago Maryland State Police called to let me know there was a problem with the place I got my fingerprints takens' network so they hadn't been able to send my fingerprints to MDSP yet. He told me they'd probably have it up & working soon & then my HQL would go active.

Today, the 5th of December, it's active!! Yay!!! So overall for me, it took 30 days. Also, I never got the letter in the mail as far as I know. Maybe I did and a family member tossed it out, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done that, so for all I know I haven't received it.

Now, I'm waiting patiently for my Maryland Designated Collectors application to hopefully be accepted so I can buy more than 1 regulated firearm a month!

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    I just hope i can get the card by friday so i can pick up my purchase next friday. my lgs has been holding it for almost a month

In the same boat. Except mine had to be order and only put a deposit down. Ended up getting a glock 19 MOS. I feel the longer is there the more likely it's used as display model

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    In the same boat. Except mine had to be order and only put a deposit down. Ended up getting a glock 19 MOS. I feel the longer is there the more likely it's used as display model

If your dealer is using a firearm, that he ordered for you with a deposit, as a display model, you need to find a new dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom