• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Wife and I have our 23rd wedding anniversary next weekend. First one as empty nesters.

I’m looking for some day trip ideas maybe a few hrs drive from Central MD. Small sightseeing towns with a historical flair for me and shopping for her then grab a nice dinner before heading home at some local tavern.

Harpers ferry is cool but we’ve done it a few times already. Anything similar in PA?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Attachments

• emily-litella.jpg
      emily-litella.jpg
      25.3 KB · Views: 444
    Last edited:

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    Perhaps one of the Civil War battlefields, Antietam or Gettysburg? The Naval Academy here in Annapolis followed by lunch and window shopping downtown? A day of walking on the C&O Canal anywhere between Cumberland and D.C.? A day touring the various wineries in Washington County?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Never eat at the Comus Inn, lol. I’ve had food poisoning there and I know at least four others that have had the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ouch! Never had a problem there, but it's been a while. Good to know. Recent?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd
    Wife and I have our 23rd wedding anniversary next weekend. First one as empty nesters.

I’m looking for some day trip ideas maybe a few hrs drive from Central MD. Small sightseeing towns with a historical flair for me and shopping for her then grab a nice dinner before heading home at some local tavern.

Harpers ferry is cool but we’ve done it a few times already. Anything similar in PA?

Historic Lewes, with or without a trip across to Cape May.

Problem there could be that you can carry in DE, but not in NJ or on the ferry.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Historic Lewes, with or without a trip across to Cape May.

Problem there could be that you can carry in DE, but not in NJ or on the ferry.

We spent our honeymoon in Lewes.

If you like the beach, there's a great beach with lifeguards at nearby Cape Henlopen State Park. They have nice bathhouse facilities to change, shower, etc. Also a place that sells food and drinks. There are also miles of unguarded, natural beach that where you can walk or swim at your own risk. Also a surf fishing area.

Some of the dunes are artificial, covering huge coastal artillery emplacements. There are also huge ammunition magazines by the campground. Concrete watchtowers are scattered around the cape. One is open, and you can climb to the top to see the view, watch for U Boats, etc.

We used to rent bikes at a bike shop in Lewes. Both the town and the State Park are great for bike riding.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Shepherdstown, WV

Lunch or Dinner at the Bavarian Inn over looking the Potomac

Nice place to stay over night instead of day tripping.

Also, another place is the Inn at Vacluse Spring. Expensive but great B&B with a nice restaurant featuring gourmet diners featuring locally sourced ingredients and wines.

https://vauclusespring.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom