• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    Looking to see how many people have gotten a license this year? If you want to comment your timelines as well it helps everyone who is anxious!:shocking:

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I've helped a few people thru the process. 100% approval/issue rate and turn around time from application submission to card in hand is 72 to 84 days. Seems about a 1 - 1.5 weeks after interview w/ MDSP.

Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    I've helped a few people thru the process. 100% approval/issue rate and turn around time from application submission to card in hand is 72 to 84 days. Seems about a 1 - 1.5 weeks after interview w/ MDSP.

Here's my Timeline for this year
    March 21 mailed app in
    April 8th check cashed
    May 13th MSP called
    May 16th Interview
    May 28th references called

Nothing since.. any ideas?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Why not just call the LD and ask about your status? I’m not surprised that it’s been a few weeks since last contact. It’s summer. Every .gov entity slacks this time of year.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014

March 21 mailed app in

April 8th check cashed

May 13th MSP called

May 16th Interview

Not atm. Send me a PM if you want. My guess is they are busy or checking up on something. Did you have extra paperwork or anything to get to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I may have a different spin on the MSP-LD and many people may not agree with me , but here it goes .

They don't care about your permit or when it gets to you , they will get it done for you when they get it done . No matter how long it takes , they have no demand on how many permits they need to process on a daily or weekly basis or even a monthly basis .
    All of us are judged on the work we complete and able to keep our jobs based on production . They have no such concerns .

The Troopers there are in the land of Mis-Fit toys . Sorry for the rant , but I feel I am stating a more accurate portrayal of the department .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I may have a different spin on the MSP-LD and many people may not agree with me , but here it goes .

They don't care about your permit or when it gets to you , they will get it done for you when they get it done . No matter how long it takes , they have no demand on how many permits they need to process on a daily or weekly basis or even a monthly basis .
    All of us are judged on the work we complete and able to keep our jobs based on production . They have no such concerns .

The Troopers there are in the land of Mis-Fit toys . Sorry for the rant , but I feel I am stating a more accurate portrayal of the department .

Their job is to cater to the wishes of their bosses.

Their bosses hate us.

Therefore, their rotten so-called service is exactly what Palozzi, Frosh and the MD GA require from them. They're delivering the goods to the guys who sign the paychecks.

That in no way excuses them or their bosses, who are supposed to honor their oath of office. Sadly, allegiance is focused instead on staying in office, and MD voters believe what they're told to believe.

The only change agent for MD is the SCOTUS. Change will NOT come from within, in my lifetime.

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    March 21 mailed app in
    April 8th check cashed
    May 13th MSP called
    May 16th Interview

May 16th Interview
    May 28th references called ??? Whats up with that gap ?

I had my interview on March 15th, refs called March 15th. Permit in hand April 15.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville

I kind of agree, it has been proven they can get you a permit in 3 days IF they so desire.
    There is no way they are "overloaded" with apps.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I kind of agree, it has been proven they can get you a permit in 3 days IF they so desire.

Documentation of this could prove valuable down the road.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009

The quoted number of permits in Maryland is around 15000. If this is true and feel free to correct me if not.

Renew every three years means on average 5000 per year. 260 working days peryear 5×52 = 260

5000÷262 = 19+ permits per day that they issue.

Granted Pa. Issues more than that but they are at county level and a way different process. We could do it in Maryland if you cut out the b.s.

I am not defending the MSPLD but depending on how many troopers " work" there that could be a decent work load to complete the utter bull s*** process that we are forced to deal with.

Nobody

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Tell the cops when they come to take a report of a series threat and things will move quickly. If you doubt that, post here so we can critique.

Proof is required, like when the butthead tells the cop he made the threat, while pointing a loaded shotgun. I doubt just telling cops you threatened would work.

jrh0341

Jul 20, 2017
    March 21 mailed app in
    April 8th check cashed
    May 13th MSP called
    May 16th Interview

That's about how mine went. I'd say you are on schedule.

Mine took almost exactly the allowable 90 days.

Remember, that's 90 BUSINESS days

If you're calculating calendar days, you may be in for a tough surprise. (I was super irritated when I realized this, since my wait period spanned the winter holiday blocks.)

Google business days since calculator, sight, swear under your breath, and wait for the crown. :rolleyes:

Joke aside though, I am fairly sure I got caught in one of those may=mandatory deals. As in, the amount of time processing "may" take gets used as a defacto waiting period. Like I said, mine came damn near to the day of the allowable limit.

You CAN always go up and check. Just realize that means (policy change since last year) you have to actually drive up there in person to check now. No more over the phone updates.

Pro Tip: For those going to apply, HURRY UP. Don't delay. Meaning, if you have yoru package ready to send, send it. If you have a choice between getting to it today or getting to it tomorrow, do it TODAY. Reason being business days are like a penalty. You think "what's one more day" but weekends add up. Just figure for every five days you delay, thats SEVEN days you've extended the wait. Not counting holidays too.

Might not seem like a big deal NOW when you submit, but trust me, 2.5 months down the line, when you've been waiting to hear something, anything, each eaxtra day SUCKS.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    March 21 mailed app in
    April 8th check cashed
    May 13th MSP called
    May 16th Interview

That's about how mine went. I'd say you are on schedule.

Mine took almost exactly the allowable 90 days.

Remember, that's 90 BUSINESS days

If you're calculating calendar days, you may be in for a tough surprise. (I was super irritated when I realized this, since my wait period spanned the winter holiday blocks.)

Google business days since calculator, sight, swear under your breath, and wait for the crown. :rolleyes:

Joke aside though, I am fairly sure I got caught in one of those may=mandatory deals. As in, the amount of time processing "may" take gets used as a defacto waiting period. Like I said, mine came damn near to the day of the allowable limit.

You CAN always go up and check. Just realize that means (policy change since last year) you have to actually drive up there in person to check now. No more over the phone updates.

Pro Tip: For those going to apply, HURRY UP. Don't delay. Meaning, if you have yoru package ready to send, send it. If you have a choice between getting to it today or getting to it tomorrow, do it TODAY. Reason being business days are like a penalty. You think "what's one more day" but weekends add up. Just figure for every five days you delay, thats SEVEN days you've extended the wait. Not counting holidays too.

Might not seem like a big deal NOW when you submit, but trust me, 2.5 months down the line, when you've been waiting to hear something, anything, each eaxtra day SUCKS.

:lol:

When do you think the clock started ticking? I'm guessing right around April 8th when they cashed his check. In another thread he reported receiving his permit which would put it ~80 calendar days.

Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    :lol:

When do you think the clock started ticking? I'm guessing right around April 8th when they cashed his check. In another thread he reported receiving his permit which would put it ~80 calendar days.

I recieved my actual permit today. Technically that's 92 days from them recieving the app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom