• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    I got one of these in digital cammo with the 24" parkerized fluted barrel (threaded). Wanted to know if any of yuns guys have added an aftermarket muzzle break (5/8-24) to yours, and if so, which one you went with. I'm not really looking to attenuate recoil because the thing is already a ***** cat, but my inner "mall-ninja" is getting the best of me. This is for cool factor. I've got the extra ear plugs/muffs handy so any recommendations?

Sam Salvati

blacksmith
    Apr 22, 2013
    Finksburg
    Got one of these off brand ones at the HOCO gun show, put it on my Savage PC.

1969379_10205048717488571_931703907841693426_n.jpg

10676326_10205045928218841_6870297425952521513_n.jpg

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    CNC Warrior has a bunch of muzzle devices in multiple thread patterns. I got one for my Nhm-91 when I was converting it to look like an AK and be 922r compliant.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Good find, haven't seen that one yet. So far that's the only one I actually put on my rifle.

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD

Thank Marauder, I like that one but I haven't "pulled the trigger" just yet. I got to thinking about this some more last night and also wanted to ask you guys if you had noticed any changes in accuracy after adding the muzzle-break? I have a couple pet loads worked up for mine that shoot very well and I'm wondering if the added barrel mass will have a significant effect on the harmonics? I have a 24" fluted barrel. Thoughts?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Thank Marauder, I like that one but I haven't "pulled the trigger" just yet. I got to thinking about this some more last night and also wanted to ask you guys if you had noticed any changes in accuracy after adding the muzzle-break? I have a couple pet loads worked up for mine that shoot very well and I'm wondering if the added barrel mass will have a significant effect on the harmonics? I have a 24" fluted barrel. Thoughts?

It does change harmonics since you now have a mass of steel on the end of your barrel. I put a brake on my 700 before I put it on paper so I didn't have a baseline. I also put a brake on my Mini-14 and groups did tighten up. You'll probably need to adjust your load for the brake.

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    It does change harmonics since you now have a mass of steel on the end of your barrel. I put a brake on my 700 before I put it on paper so I didn't have a baseline. I also put a brake on my Mini-14 and groups did tighten up. You'll probably need to adjust your load for the brake.

Thanks. I kinda figured that. At least this is a very compliant/forgiving rifle to reload for. Shouldn't be that hard to hone back in on the nodes (I hope).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom