• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Hmmm. The TV series tell us to beware the recent dead, that they may come back as zombies. But we really ought to fear the police.

Why? Because police are now confiscating the guns of the recent dead!

Police in Buffalo, New York, are now trying to take legal handguns from heirs of recently deceased owners.

Buffalo Police Commissioner Daniel Derrenda told the press that his officers have started seizing handguns from families’ owners within days of their deaths. “We recently started a program where we’re cross referencing all the pistol permit holders with the death records, and we’re sending people out to collect (seize) the guns whenever possible so that they don’t end up in the wrong hands.”

See Story Here

--

Using records to collect guns? The liberals said it would never happen. And I had such faith in them! Such trust! Like a little child!

Tell me it isn't so! :sad20:

--

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    That's called "theft". They're property of the estate. I smell lawsuits.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    All the more reason to question its ethicacy and whether it's still going on. After all, we're talking New York here.

Yeah i wouldn’t poo poo a thread citing a court challenge to this or a thread updating a policy change to this but it’s a little late to be “Up in arms”.

In other news ISIS is bad.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah i wouldn’t poo poo a thread citing a court challenge to this or a thread updating a policy change to this but it’s a little late to be “Up in arms”.

In other news ISIS is bad.
    ...and now we know the rest of the story...almost. If you're saying this is no longer going on, then yes, I will sleep better tonight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I just found a story about NY confiscating firearms from patients being prescribed antidepressant and anti-anxiety medications.

I've followed up with an email to the law firm involved with the story, requesting information about this, as well as info regarding whether the 2014 seizure of firearms from families of the recently deceased is still in force.

I will post any further info I receive on the subject. Meanwhile here's the link to the story:
    https://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/new-york-gun-confiscation-underway/#axzz5riw6uqak

Last edited:

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I grew up in a suburb of Buffalo, with Erie County (where Buffalo is). I had a pistol permit back then and can weigh in on this....in NY State, you have to have a NY State Pistol Permit to POSSES a handgun...I'm not saying I like it, that's just a fact. Stanton Cree is right, this is old news, but it has been going on for years that police agencies were taking guns after a permit holder died and no one in the family had a permit and could legally posses it.

Each county in NY State issues permits for the residents of that county (except NY City). Every single gun you posses must be on your permit or you cant posses the handgun....when I lived there 25+ years ago, If you bought a handgun, you had to go to the county permit office and have the gun added to the permit (they actually typed the gun and serial # on the paper permit then) and only then could you go back to the shop and pick it up....

Just some of the craziness of NY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom