• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    That place is terrible, just do a search here and you will see multiple threads worth of complaints.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I have my in person interview with MSP Tuesday morning at the BelAir Barracks. My application was submitted 2/6/19. I had a brief phone call interview yesterday. The officer was very professional that did the phone interview was very polite IMO.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    It's very sad that one needs to go through such a process, given that our natural rights to such have already been given to us at birth and secured by the Constitution of the United States. Chris, I pray that it goes very well for you on Tuesday, brother!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Did you request Bel Air or was that the barracks they told you needed to show up at?

Just wondering.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Undue burden......

So, if you don't have a driver's license and vehicle I guess you have to hire a $150 dollar Uber round trip to sit down and talk to these clowns?

If they insist on the dog and pony show, the policy should be that they come to THE closest barracks to the Applicant.

I thought these interviews were now done by subcontractors anyway, the State has plenty of money to waste, why put the burden on the Applicant?

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    To do what? They don't interview you on renewals.

Not only that, the SOP only calls for an in person interview if the application or applicant "raises eyebrows," (my word).

I would guess if they google a name, and find that you have anti-Semitic speech or Stars and Bars on your MySpace page,,, you will have an in person interview.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Not only that, the SOP only calls for an in person interview if the application or applicant "raises eyebrows," (my word).

I would guess if they google a name, and find that you have anti-Semitic speech or Stars and Bars on your MySpace page,,, you will have an in person interview.

I am pretty sure everyone gets an in person interview for Wear and Carry permit right?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Nope. After Woollard but before the 4CA overturned it, some applicants had their interviews done via phone calls

Probably because of the sheer volume of apps after the initial ruling

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    My interviewer sent me an email proposing a couple of dates when he’d be at the barracks near me, and said that if those weren’t good he’d try to accommodate, but would welcome me at any time at his normal desk in Frederick. He was happy to communicate by phone or email. Flexible and professional both in setting up the interview and in conducting it.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    It's very sad that one needs to go through such a process, given that our natural rights to such have already been given to us at birth and secured by the Constitution of the United States. Chris, I pray that it goes very well for you on Tuesday, brother!

Thank you.
    All of my references and my wife was called Saturday.

HUMONGO

Jan 23, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    MIne asked if I could come in to the Belair Barracks. I didn't protest. I live in Havre de Grace and Northeast would have been easier, but Belair was fine. I came in, he walked out to the lobby as soon as I came in (15 minutes early) and called be name, then asked for ID, which I found humorous. Nice guy, professional, candid and easy to talk to. We did the interview, I asked a few questions, then we talked about hunting.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Nope. After Woollard but before the 4CA overturned it, some applicants had their interviews done via phone calls

Probably because of the sheer volume of apps after the initial ruling
    I was a Woollard applicant. I was assigned a Trooper out of Prince Frederick; he advised that he would 'require' my wife and myself to physically present ourselves for interview at his barracks and would call back to schedule a time. He did, eventually - months later, call back after the stay was lifted to tell me he would not need to interview me because I didn't list g&s and he had been waiting for, and just received, guidance on how to divest himself of my investigation.

We're live in upper western HoCo...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    As somewhat suspected.

They systematically and routinely do things to make it more difficult for an Applicant to proceed with the process. Sick part is it's very well known at this point and just an accepted behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom