• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    G26 slides are basically unavailable. You can get stripped slides G17/G19 for a couple hundred bucks. Presumably Brownells or someone else will start selling G26 slides once the 80% frames become available. Certainly, I'm in the market for one - always wanted to do a G26 build, and the P80 frames are frankly somewhat better looking than the original Glock frames for that.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yeah that was the link. The only issue is that G26 slides are rarer than hens teeth right now apparently. You're probably going to have to buy a completely after market top end. Slide, barrel, UPK, sights...everything..

I believe you can put a G19 slide on a G26 frame.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I cut their g19 frame to g26 grip size.

What you're proposing would look something like this-

Attachments

• IMG_2058.jpg
      IMG_2058.jpg
      64.9 KB · Views: 580
    • IMG_2056.jpg
      IMG_2056.jpg
      71.1 KB · Views: 496
    Just watched sootch00 p80 build vid. Really interesting.
    What do glock slides go for?

new between $400-500
    used $250-400. Police trade ins are a good option can be found on ebay complete. I bought a G17 complete police trade in with trijicons, a stainless guide rod, and enhanced buffer spring for $349 with no appreciable wear. bore scoped and the barrel is perfect...not even holster wear on the slide..

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I wonder when we're going to see these builds get cheaper. You still can't do one for under $500 without getting lucky on used parts or sales[1], whereas you can now get ARs at that price despite being made of more expensive materials and requiring more milling. I suspect it's going to require some more competition in the 80% frames... P80 has a great product, but it's mostly molded plastic. I think if there were more competition, those frames would be closer to $50 than $120. I also think slide completion kits are hilariously overpriced... $90 for a slide kit sans barrel is way, way too much for what's included. Stripped slide and barrel prices are arguably the most tolerable part of all this.

For example, if I was doing a stock G19 build using new parts:
    1. $165 for 80% frame+LWD parts. (and, arguably, this was getting lucky on a sale)
    2. $90 for slide completion kit.
    3. $170 for the slide.
    4. $100 for the barrel.
    =$525, plus all the time and tool use I spent assembling it all.

Still, all that said, it's still a cheaper way of building out a custom Glock than buying factory and replacing parts. No need to pay for a standard slide and barrel if I'm going to go RMR-cut and threaded, for example.

[1] Prediction: At least one person will reply to this post and tell me how cheaply they did it and miss the whole point.

I wonder when we're going to see these builds get cheaper.

You probably won't...the law of supply and demand is in play here...In states like Commiefornia 80% builds are extremely popular to circumvent the state's illegal infringement (also known as gun control laws). I belong to an 80% builder's group on Facebook that has tens of thousands of members, and a large number of them live in bright blue states with draconian infringement..The poly80 market is growing every day...now there are at least 3 players in the frame market which is good..the cost of the 80% frames will probably go down...BUT the parts used to build them get more expensive every time one of them released a new product. Last winter I built 5 full frames from the version 1 poly80 products and 3 of the poly80 compact frames. Every time I ordered the cost had gone up. I just preordered the SS80 sub compact frame and ordered all the parts now even though the frame wont even be released until March. Poly80 is releasing the G26 frame in the spring...I already ordered the parts kit and a G19 complete slide for it (the G26 slide doesn't appear to be available from Glock right now) So I will have all the parts to build both when they arrive..I ordered early to avoid the guaranteed increase in prices once those frames hit the market.

poly80 is releasing a G20/21 frame later this year...I will be buying the 10MM parts as soon as they make the official announcement. You have to stay ahead of the game unless you want to pay through the nose.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    New Gen 3 G26 take-off slide assembly, $440 from Lucas in IL.

I've been patiently waiting for the G21/G20 frame to get rolled out, I'll get really excited when the compact version of the big boys hits.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I wonder when we're going to see these builds get cheaper. You still can't do one for under $500 without getting lucky on used parts or sales[1], whereas you can now get ARs at that price despite being made of more expensive materials and requiring more milling. I suspect it's going to require some more competition in the 80% frames... P80 has a great product, but it's mostly molded plastic. I think if there were more competition, those frames would be closer to $50 than $120. I also think slide completion kits are hilariously overpriced... $90 for a slide kit sans barrel is way, way too much for what's included. Stripped slide and barrel prices are arguably the most tolerable part of all this.

1. $165 for 80% frame+LWD parts. (and, arguably, this was getting lucky on a sale)
    3. $170 for the slide.
    4. $100 for the barrel.

Still, all that said, it's still a cheaper way of building out a custom Glock than buying factory and replacing parts. No need to pay for a standard slide and barrel if I'm going to go RMR-cut and threaded, for example.

[1] Prediction: At least one person will reply to this post and tell me how cheaply they did it and miss the whole point.

I think it speaks to the popularity of these that pricing is still outrageous...while the rest of the gun market is tumbleweeds at the moment.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Now someone just needs to come out with slides and barrels (parts kits wouldn’t hurt too) that mean you can build one for roughly the same if not less than a new [insert model here] Glock.

You can with the 17 and 19. Doesn’t seem to be the case with anyone else. Anything non 17 or 19 seems to be around $220 and up for a slide and the barrels also tend to be well over $100. Not thinking I’d build one out of parts for half the cost of a new gun, but not being able to build one at the same price is turning me off.

Hopefully it’ll change.

I am just finishing my first Glock 17 80%. No sights yet, but everything I haven’t ordered or recevied has totaled about $420 including the 80% (on sale). Won’t complain, price isn’t terrible.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

3. $170 for the slide.
    4. $100 for the barrel.

And before you think I am trying to say “look at me, you can build these cheap”, I don’t think it was that cheap and I found all the sales. I got the 80% on sale for $50 when the V1.5 were discontinued and the V2 were coming out. I got the slide and barrel both 20% off on sale.

I will likely be adding at least $25-30 for some basic sights before I am done. We are talking slightly more than a good condition used Glock 17 to build mine.

And it took about 4 months of assembling parts (mostly recently) to take advantage of sales that saved me about $120-140.

An AR-15 upper and lower together is a lot more material and machining than a Glock slide, yet the cheapest new slide I can find is about $160–170 New. A matched upper and lower for an AR-15 for cheap ones you could find for $90, not on sale.

Cheapest barrel I can find is $100 not on sale, AR-15 I can find $80 barrels not on sale with 8x the steel in them and a lot more machining.

I know a lot is supply and demand and economies of scale. It still seems like suppliers are making a serious margin on the parts right now compared to most markets.

I’d bet a lot prices could slide 25% and they’d still have good margins.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Slides on fleabay are plentiful. But, choosing rmr cut or milled or stock is tough. I can't see why not get one with the cut. Only downside is most are stripped and require more money for parts and buildtime. I'll end up like above, waiting for sales and deals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom