• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    seconding the ACT from ALG, made by Geissele by his wife's company- GREAT trigger for the money.

BCM makes great buffer tubes, but any good mil spec one will work. Castle nut is not a big deal, but I would spring for a retaining plate with a QD sling attachment point.

As long as you've got a good trigger, a good retaining plate, decent quality buffer tube, and stake your castle nut (Clandestine taught me- it's easy) You are golden.

Usually I just get a complete lower parts kit, and just replace the trigger and retaining plate, then buy the stock I want, and I'm good to go. Worked fine for me so far as the cheapest way to do a lower. Trust me on this though- it is better to torque the castle nut to lower end spec and stake than torque it to hell and back like I used to.

Wideners was selling lower parts kits minus trigger for a great price. Commercial Buffer Tube, but no biggie. If you can find one for a good price with no buffer tube, or mil-spec, without trigger, I would go that route. The QD retaining plate makes life SO much easier.

I would also invest in a tubbs flat recoil spring. For some reason, maybe because it is new still, my tubbs spring only works with Carbine weight buffer, whereas it was optimal with heavy before the change. It still functions with the heavy, but I don't quite trust it due to a short stroke I experienced with it.

With the carbine weight, locked back every time, and

Tell me if I'm crazy guys:
    It feels like there is less recoil?

Am I imagining this? I Lightened the buffer, so shouldn't that mean more felt recoil with the tubbs spring setup than when I had the heavy in?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ive been running Spikes NiBo tactical triggers in most of my guns, very similar to ALG. Simple, crisp single stage.

May try the ALG on my .22, whichever one is cheaper as I am going to put the 2 stage in my LR308.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I put an order in yesterday for an RRA LPK. I have not decided on stock or grip yet. I like the Ergo grip, it's light and comes with a Gapper. Stock setup is still up in the air, I like the light weight of the Magpul stuff, don't need battery holders in my stock, trying to keep it light and simple.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I just bought a Bushmaster stripped lower today ($65 OTD), along with a milspec tube, Ergo grip, carbine spring, and carbine buffer. I'll pick up the Tubbs spring later.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    So close to finishing this one, but lack of a long Allen key and back plate is preventing finishing the new Precious. I have a FDE M4 stock I'm going to use, I will probably be using a VTAC 2-point sling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom