• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wfilardo

Jan 21, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    Does anyone know if the, IWI Galil Ace rifle, is going to be available for sale in MD or is it banned by SB281. It sounds like they will also be offering a pistol version that should be available if and when it gets added to Handgun roster.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    It should be legal. It all depends on the MSP's interpretation.

However no parts interchange with AK's and the list itself only bans the Galil AR and ARM whereas this is the ACE in 7.62x39 which is an updated design in itself from the original Galil.

Feb 28, 2013
    It's certainly not a copy of the Galil AR or ARM, so there's no reason why it shouldn't be perfectly legal.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    There being sold but on Back Order, US GunSource, just have the Mag issue to deal with...

most people buying it should already be stocked, other than people just getting into the x39 market

The steel reiforced pmags will be out by then. Can't wait.

Spent some time trying to break the non reinforced version and I have to say...

I was iffy on the change to the new polymer recipe they went to for the gen3 magazines, it felt weird and the stiffness I thought would translate to brittleness...

Whelp, after magazine push ups and tying a piece of nylong cord around the mag and swinging it like a morning star into trees and concrete, the mag is scuffed but undamaged.

I even went after the thing with a centerpunch. It took an IMMENSELY long time to get the punch through- the material did not crack, it kind of deformed around the punch and then I couldn't get the damn thing out, so I put it on a piece of wood and hit the punch with a sledge...

Went all the way through, cracking a bit of material on the other side.

Mag still works fine! I couldn't believe it. Doesn't even hang up at the point where I hammered the centerpunch through.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    most people buying it should already be stocked, other than people just getting into the x39 market

The steel reiforced pmags will be out by then. Can't wait.

Spent some time trying to break the non reinforced version and I have to say...

I was iffy on the change to the new polymer recipe they went to for the gen3 magazines, it felt weird and the stiffness I thought would translate to brittleness...

Whelp, after magazine push ups and tying a piece of nylong cord around the mag and swinging it like a morning star into trees and concrete, the mag is scuffed but undamaged.

I even went after the thing with a centerpunch. It took an IMMENSELY long time to get the punch through- the material did not crack, it kind of deformed around the punch and then I couldn't get the damn thing out, so I put it on a piece of wood and hit the punch with a sledge...

Went all the way through, cracking a bit of material on the other side.

Mag still works fine! I couldn't believe it. Doesn't even hang up at the point where I hammered the centerpunch through.

I meant the 30rd it comes with vice not getting one at all when rifle is purchased....

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    The flash hider and folding stock were the 2 EVIL features i was wondering about. So as long as its only one EVIL feature it should be go to go?

Correct.

You can replace the flash hider with a compensator; there are several on the market that come with ATF letters stating they do not suppress muzzle flash.

OR you can pin the the stock so it doesn't fold. It's also possible once the rifle is on the market IWI or an aftermarket supplier may offer a non-folding stock for it.

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    Given the quantities that IWI is delivering with the Tavor, I don't really see the point of a pre-order, or even paying MSRP.

Yup, I totally agree, hence the reason I haven't pre-ordered one. I was surprised to see one of the pre-orders sell out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom