• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Should be pretty good for those interested.
    In response to the high number of mass shootings across the country, the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office will be conducting an active shooter training.

It's designed for civilians, especially local businesses and places of worship throughout the Eastern Shore.

The free training is expected to last two hours and will be held on Dec. 13 at Allen Memorial Baptist Church on Snow Hill Road in Salisbury. It begins at 6 p.m.

Any questions can be directed to the sheriff's office at 410-548-4891.
    http://www.wboc.com/story/37019899/free-active-shooter-training-in-salisbury

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I've been wondering so does anyone know or if anyone goes to this can they ask, is one better sitting on one side of a building than the other?

I'll use a common church layout as an example. Entrance door in the middle at the rear, exits on both sides. With roughly 90% of the population right handed and roughly 2/3 of the people right eye dominant, historically have shooters shot right to left or left to right? In this building configuration, I always sit to the left but wonder if I'm justified in thinking that's going to buy me a second to react or not so much?

Right handers will shoot to the left first. Habit is it's easier to push to the left with your dominate hand than it is to pull it to the right.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    there are trainings like this all the time in NOVA and there is one tomorrow in Gaithersburg at redeemer, I'm going any other MDS peeps joining?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    there are trainings like this all the time in NOVA and there is one tomorrow in Gaithersburg at redeemer, I'm going any other MDS peeps joining?

Who is putting it on?

The Wicomico Sheriff's Office is considered 2A friendly with Sheriff Mike Lewis at the helm.

I wonder how the "delivery" would differ from 2A haters.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    It's sponsored by Church of the Redeemer, conducted by MCP and other security experts... not exactly 2A haters but I could be wrong. In Maryland you just need permission from the board to be able to carry provided you have that ability currently.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    update, the informational session was well put together. the presenters were not anti-2a in any way; however, stressed that the training and preparedness of the staff and others is paramount for security and safety (which I agree). Had some first hand accounts from Pastors and Senior leadership... all in all well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom