• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • airbornetrooper

Nov 9, 2017
    VA
    Here are some pictures of one of my most recent acquisitions, a Finnish marked Browning Model 1907. This pistol was most likely brought to Finland by the Swedish volunteer force during the Winter War. When they returned home the following year they left their weapons (Swedish M96 Mausers, BAR's, M1907's, and others) for the Finnish Army. After that, they were considered to be Finnish property. Something around 772 M/07 pistols in service with the Finnish Army in 1944, but this number had dropped in half by the 1950's.

More info can be found here:
    http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/PISTOLS3.htm

Attachments

• IMG_2460.jpg
      IMG_2460.jpg
      196.1 KB · Views: 393
    • IMG_2461.jpg
      IMG_2461.jpg
      159.5 KB · Views: 356
    • IMG_2462.jpg
      IMG_2462.jpg
      111.5 KB · Views: 369
    • IMG_2464.jpg
      IMG_2464.jpg
      203.5 KB · Views: 338
    • IMG_2465.jpg
      IMG_2465.jpg
      97.4 KB · Views: 334
    • IMG_2466.jpg
      IMG_2466.jpg
      216.9 KB · Views: 363

airbornetrooper

Nov 9, 2017
    VA
    "I26 No. 196" means it was at one point part of Swedish infantry regiment 26, inventory #196

Thanks for the info in your two responses. From my experience, every Finnish used Swedish Browning M/07 I've seen came from I26. I'm beginning to wonder if there is some kind of significance to that.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I've been keeping an eye out for an original Swedish issue 1907 that hasn't been molested and they're getting so difficult to find. Figure I'll set me back at least $1-1.2k if I'm lucky to find one. Your Finn 1907 takes that to the next level, easily gotta be twice what a Swedish issue example fetches. You don't see these in every Finn collector's safe.
    Every time I see one of the .380 conversions I shed a tear.

airbornetrooper

Nov 9, 2017
    VA
    I've been keeping an eye out for an original Swedish issue 1907 that hasn't been molested and they're getting so difficult to find. Figure I'll set me back at least $1-1.2k if I'm lucky to find one. Your Finn 1907 takes that to the next level, easily gotta be twice what a Swedish issue example fetches. You don't see these in every Finn collector's safe.
    Every time I see one of the .380 conversions I shed a tear.

I used to own one of the .380 conversions and eventually sold it. I jumped on the opportunity to acquire this piece as I am a Finn collector and only know of a couple other examples in the states.

2ndltsdad

Nov 19, 2014
    Trappe... not Lakeside !
    thank you for posting this, I will have to say I dont know jack about much of the C & R age stuff. I find this very interesting. I look at the form several times a day and feel like i learn something every time. Just like the early 1911 post some one put up... how cool it is to see things like this come to life , thanks again for sharing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom