• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    All;

I'm looking for a red dot for my AR, and I see that PSA has the Sig Romeo5 on sale at PSA in two versions, regular at $139 (https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-romeo5-1x20mm-red-dot-sight-black-r52001.html) and MSR at $100! (https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-romeo-msr-2moa-red-dot-black-sor72001.html)

I can see that these two look different physically, but what's the actual difference between the two models? From PSA and Sig's websites, I can't tell.

Prices are only good until noon, 6/3, by the way.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    All;

I'm looking for a red dot for my AR, and I see that PSA has the Sig Romeo5 on sale at PSA in two versions, regular at $139 (https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-romeo5-1x20mm-red-dot-sight-black-r52001.html) and MSR at $100! (https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-romeo5-1x20mm-red-dot-sight-black-r52001.html)

I can see that these two look different physically, but what's the actual difference between the two models? From PSA and Sig's websites, I can't tell.

FWIW, they're the same UPC (798681553396)so I can't imagine there is a difference other than price.

Edit: I believe you copied the same url for both links.

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    All;

I'm looking for a red dot for my AR, and I see that PSA has the Sig Romeo5 on sale at PSA in two versions, regular at $139 (https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-romeo5-1x20mm-red-dot-sight-black-r52001.html) and MSR at $100! (https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-romeo-msr-2moa-red-dot-black-sor72001.html)

The standard comes with low and high mounts, the MSR only comes with a high mount

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    MSR also comes with flip up lens covers. The R5 doesn't.
    Functionally, I couldn't tell you the difference. I really like my R5. I have no experience with the MSR.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I just ordered an R5 yesterday from IP Joebobs darn them it’s already scheduled to arrive tomorrow

I do like the flip up though, can one get an add on to flip up covers for the R5 or maybe I give my son a 3D printer project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I just ordered an R5 yesterday from IP Joebobs darn them it’s already scheduled to arrive tomorrow

I do like the flip up though, can one get an add on to flip up covers for the R5 or maybe I give my son a 3D printer project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much 'purchase' to hold flipups on. I'd like to see what your son comes up with.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I'd go Romeo 5 over the MSR for some of the above reasons.

A great contender to the Romeo 5 is the Vortex Crossfire ii red dot. I bought the Romeo 5 for a friend's MPX and just put the Crossfire on my fiance's AR. Both great, but really can't beat the Vortex warranty.

The crossfire has 50k of battery live at setting 6, which is plenty bright for most every day situations. I prefer constant on over auto-on, in case the little gyro that senses movement fails.

Oh and the high mount (lower 1/3) on the Crossfire is much nicer (and lighter), over the Romeo 5 high mount.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    If you're planning on running it on a rifle meant to do anything serious, I'd go with the upgrade and not have something recreational on a serious weapon for the sake of saving $40.

The Vortex SPARC II is something along the same lines that I would also look into. I've got one on my AR pistol and it's a real trooper, gets beat to hell and keeps on ticking.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    So I went ahead and ordered a Crossfire (II) from PSA, and just got my brand new Strikefire II in the mail today!

Double checked, and they did in fact charge me for the (cheaper) Crossfire, but apparently substituted in the Strikefire. The Crossfire shows as out of stock now, so I dunno what happened, but I'm going to have fun mounting and sighting my red dot some time soon when I can get to the range.

Suprised, but not complaining!

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Yep.

He had Mel Gibson for his avatar. He knew it, too.

I know. Burns me to no end. I lost a lot of respect for Gibson. Very public Catholic (more in a fringe way) and he tarnishes the rest of us.

He's made some great movies though. Apocalypto blows me away.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Good riddance. This ain't Fakebook. We don't need that kind of trash here.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    There's a bit of silliness going on on another thread. Think I'll go to bed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom