• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Dude... F you man. Get the hell off of this forum. Been watching your snarky ******** for the last few days and i'm over it.

I come here to contribute and learn from a valuable community of enthusiasts, and some rat pecker like you comes a long to share your build and act like a jerk.

Your build looks like shit, by the way. You have to be semi-retarded to not know how to do what you did on a basic level. And judging by your grammar and explanations, seems you are.

Don’t hold back lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I see you have two addresses. Will this need to be Merryland compliant?

Outrider, Thank you for noticing and for asking the pointed question. I have considered but have not 1 for 1 compared the details of doing this in one but not the other state of domicile.
    Let's for hypothetical purposes stipulate the details will be based on my oppressive state of Md as where the firearm will be constructed.

Also, if a build were to occur, I obviously would do it with 100% legal parts and procedures for the state it would be used and housed in for obvious reasons

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I was going to try to add constructive info. but since it hit the crapper, I will simply add to this for those who have not had me message them, I would like to build an AR platform 223 Wylde. No snarky attitude will come from me if anyone participates in advising.

It will be awhile, but I will build one. Thanks.

Ask away. Normal guys will get answers. It's the whiny trolls that get run off.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Assuming you will be starting with a post 2013 lower, any rifle must have a heavy barrel measuring 16" or longer. The lower itself will be purchased from a Md FFL and will require a seven day waiting period.

How much of a build are you comfortable taking on?

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Ask away. Normal guys will get answers. It's the whiny trolls that get run off.

Thank you Dutch V, I have been a long standing member of many type forums whether they be drums, guitars, amplifiers, guns, skateboards, automobile, motorcycles etc. and there is one rule and trait I always utilize. That is to use what God put between my ears. This means to act with manners, listening, treating others with respect and to add to the knowledge of others while also adding to my own from the experiences and advice given by others as they see fit.

Pretty sure you will find no way I am on my way to getting run off.

Thanks and nice to meet you.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Thank you Dutch V, I have been a long standing member of many type forums whether they be drums, guitars, amplifiers, guns, skateboards, automobile, motorcycles etc. and there is one rule and trait I always utilize. That is to use what God put between my ears. This means to act with manners, listening, treating others with respect and to add to the knowledge of others while also adding to my own from the experiences and advice given by others as they see fit.

Pretty sure you will find no way I am on my way to getting run off.

Thanks and nice to meet you.

Welcome aboard.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Also, DutchV, just FYI, I will likely not ask a bunch of newb type questions before doing a fair amount of research. I typically like to learn as much about things as I can, and then just weed out the things I can't find answers to or am confused or unclear on.

To Outrider, Short of actual fabrication of each metal part, I am capable of assembling most any number of parts required from 100% ground 0 with complete parts on hand, to possibly even starting with an 80% lower and going from there.

And for anyone who considers mentioning this safety advice. I also am no stupid fool who would not verify that critical details such as fitment, function, chambering and headspace checks, etc are all verified and checked as a go/ no go before ever deeming the firearm is safe to use.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I was going to try to add constructive info. but since it hit the crapper, I will simply add to this for those who have not had me message them, I would like to build an AR platform 223 Wylde. No snarky attitude will come from me if anyone participates in advising.

It will be awhile, but I would like to build one some day. Thanks.
    I didn't get a pm! I would have helped.... :D

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Also, DutchV, just FYI, I will likely not ask a bunch of newb type questions before doing a fair amount of research. I typically like to learn as much about things as I can, and then just weed out the things I can't find answers to or am confused or unclear on.

To Outrider, Short of actual fabrication of each metal part, I am capable of assembling most any number of parts required from 100% ground 0 with complete parts on hand, to possibly even starting with an 80% lower and going from there.

And for anyone who considers mentioning this safety advice. I also am no stupid fool who would not verify that critical details such as fitment, function, chambering and headspace checks, etc are all verified and checked as a go/ no go before ever deeming the firearm is safe to use.
    Irony is that I'm going to be assembling a AR in the near future, if you'd like to sit in and watch the process or get some hands on experience. I'll be assembling it in MD, so that should help out a bit if you'd like to attend.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Daemon,

I re-read my quote you replied to, I wasn't specifically meaning in Private messages in case you thought I meant specifically there. However, I also meant messages and replies in here or to everyone even if I mention some folks specifically.

In other words, those I directly replied to, and those who join in and I answer in a general way.
    Any "help" from members who can add to our understanding, choice making and helping my skills along are certainly welcome.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Daemon,

I re-read my quote you replied to, I wasn't specifically meaning in Private messages in case you thought I meant specifically there. However, I also meant messages and replies in here or to everyone even if I mention some folks specifically.

In other words, those I directly replied to, and those who join in and I answer in a general way.
    Any "help" from members who can add to our understanding, choice making and helping my skills along are certainly welcome.

chilipeppermaniac - i PM'ed you.

Asking questions and getting advice is what this forum is all about. No such thing as a dumb questions (only dupe posts), but a bad attitude will get you trolled for life here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom