• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Anyone have experience with the Berger 20 cal 35 and 40 gr hp varmint bullets? I’m curious about accuracy vs the Sierra 32 gr blitzking. Would be using it for groundhogs. Thanks.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Anyone have experience with the Berger 20 cal 35 and 40 gr hp varmint bullets? I’m curious about accuracy vs the Sierra 32 gr blitzking. Would be using it for groundhogs. Thanks.

Don't shoot the Vartarg, but I have shot quite a few of the Berger 35 grain in my .204 Ruger. For me, though both shoot well, I personally prefer the Berger bullet in my rifle (accuracy wise) to the 32 grain Sierra Blitzking. Sorry, I have not shot any 40 grain, and I can't speak to the terminal performance of the 35 grain Berger either as I have yet to hunt with it.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Don't shoot the Vartarg, but I have shot quite a few of the Berger 35 grain in my .204 Ruger. For me, though both shoot well, I personally prefer the Berger bullet in my rifle (accuracy wise) to the 32 grain Sierra Blitzking. Sorry, I have not shot any 40 grain, and I can't speak to the terminal performance of the 35 grain Berger either as I have yet to hunt with it.

Thank you, I will get a box to try. Never used Berger before. Thanks for your help.

cyclops

Dec 31, 2016
    Western Md.
    Seabee, I've shot the 35g bergers with great success they are my go to bullet for 20 vartarg. I've tried sierra blitzking 32g. They did ok. Hornady 32g v max didnt do very well I couldn't get a good group with them but the hornady z max 32g was right after berger for accuracy. Berger 35's shoot like a laser in my rifle.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Ok, hit the range today with the 20 vartarg cow loads. Did 5 3 round groups, .2 gr increase with N-120 and 35 gr Berger varmint. Titest group was .106 @ 100. Have to download the velocity data from Labrador tonight and will post numbers soon.

Attachments

• 422F9BAC-2E03-49A8-B87A-F2D8E3276615.jpg
      422F9BAC-2E03-49A8-B87A-F2D8E3276615.jpg
      66.1 KB · Views: 229

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads