• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Yeah, that's the number I've been calling for the FFL office.

I was able to get a hold of the FFL office on the 18th, the day after registration had been completed successfully, and they hadn't yet received my registration so they wouldn't schedule a pickup. Just told me they'd call me when they got it, which was fine. That was over a week ago, and I started calling a couple of times over the past couple of days and just keep going to voicemail (which Officer King was joking with me, he never listens to when I was there so that seems pretty useless). I've had paperwork get misplaced with the government more than once and just wanted to make sure I hadn't fallen through the cracks.

Setting things up I corresponded with Lt Hall a bit in making sure I had things in line for what I was purchasing so maybe I'll reach out to him. I appreciate the response!

It’s all the same FRS office, is it not? By hadn’t yet received [your] registration” they can only mean passing it from one desk on the left to the other 5 feet away on the right.

fiddler

Jun 25, 2020
    It’s all the same FRS office, is it not? By hadn’t yet received [your] registration” they can only mean passing it from one desk on the left to the other 5 feet away on the right.

They're on two different floors, and sounds like they actually use intraoffice mail.

chen t

May 20, 2020
    They're on two different floors, and sounds like they actually use intraoffice mail.

Any update if you were able to get an appointment? I’m curious if I need to be proactive to get my pickup appointment. Certainly had to be proactive to schedule the FFL appointment.

fiddler

Jun 25, 2020
    They scheduled me Monday for a pickup yesterday. I think contacting Lt. Hall definitely helped. They're definitely trying to get things moving. They have separate office space they're using to move the initial registrations through and had someone dedicated to calling people to schedule registrations and pickups that was knocking them down the whole time I was there. We'll see on round two.

chen t

May 20, 2020
    They scheduled me Monday for a pickup yesterday. I think contacting Lt. Hall definitely helped. They're definitely trying to get things moving. They have separate office space they're using to move the initial registrations through and had someone dedicated to calling people to schedule registrations and pickups that was knocking them down the whole time I was there. We'll see on round two.

Ok thanks! I had my appointment and registration a week ago. Seems like recent average is two weeks to pickup so I’ll give this until next Monday before I call and ask.

chen t

May 20, 2020
    Just got called. Next appt is Wednesday at 10 am for pickup so that’ll be two weeks to the day of my ffl appt.

chen t

May 20, 2020
    Congratulations!

Thanks!

Picking it up was pretty smooth. I saw a lot of guys there registering so it looks like there is an increase in capacity. When I went they were taking 4 every hour but today it looked like there were 8 registering.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    7/24: Filled out a PD-219 for a long gun today at a VA shop and called firearms registration to see when I could drop off the form.

Was told I need to call the appointment line (lol, when did that get instituted?)

First available appointment is 9/20. So looks like everything is just at a 2 month default.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    7/24: Filled out a PD-219 for a long gun today at a VA shop and called firearms registration to see when I could drop off the form.

Was told I need to call the appointment line (lol, when did that get instituted?)

First available appointment is 9/20. So looks like everything is just at a 2 month default.

Absolutely absurd that they won’t let you mail or electronically submit the form, if you don’t need to submit prints... It’s a feature, not a bug.

dweissman

Mar 23, 2020
    Absolutely absurd that they won’t let you mail or electronically submit the form, if you don’t need to submit prints... It’s a feature, not a bug.

This. Apparently it's too dangerous virus-wise to let people into the MPD building without an appt, but not so much so that they would move everything online or via mail. There's zero logical reason to do registrations in person (after your first time when you get printed).

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    There's a lot of ridiculous things about this process but what really kills me is I just went through the 2 month process and finished it not even 1 month ago.

How hard is it to figure out that I'm not prohibited in the last 30 days.

The VA shop I was in told me they were doing 100 transfers a day lol.

There's 3 or 4 people in the FFL part of MPD.

Registration not sure how many assigned there but at least 4 from when I've been there.

8 people can't do in 2 months what one shop does in a week. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    This. Apparently it's too dangerous virus-wise to let people into the MPD building without an appt, but not so much so that they would move everything online or via mail. There's zero logical reason to do registrations in person (after your first time when you get printed).

Exactly. And they already have a portal setup to handle workflow for CCW renewals, so it isn't even a technical limitation / hurdle. Just typical make it a difficult and inefficient as possible to create a chilling effect on people's' desire to exercise the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom