• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oh3

Jan 2, 2016
    Carroll Co
    Well this morning I was woken to the sound of what I thought was an explosion then the FBI conducting a manhunt. It's time to move.

We moved for owings mills years ago due to crime. I’m thinking we didn’t move far enough away.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Not that i have room to talk. In 85 in reisterstown our neighbor had his throat slashed. Mom and dad sold and we were off to eldersburg. Which looks a lot like randallstown now.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Indeed they do. See on the neighborhood sites regularly, 95% are unlocked. Dummies always have some lame excuse why they didn’t lock.

viiper

Re-Member
    Dec 3, 2008
    Carroll County
    Happened a couple years ago in our suburban carroll county neighborhood. Got 3 losers on video working together one spotting two rummaging. Video wasn’t good enough to identify them legally, but one guy left greasy finger, palm, and handprints everywhere. It was so bad I remember the sheriffs joking as they lifted prints saying they were textbook perfect. They touched every car in the neighborhood, some unlocked..took things like loose change.

They identified the one guy from fingerprints and myself and a neighbor gladly went to court to testify they were trespassing, twice, but each time they cancelled last minute. but eventually the guy plead guilty we guess they no longer continued to summons us. The officers indicated they were leaning on the one to give up the other two, hope like the loser he was he did.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Need a faraday bag for your key fob. Or a piece of aluminum foil.

We picked up a couple of lidded cans at Marshall's that we keep our keys in at night. We tested them and were surprised at how well they worked even with lids off. I stood next to my wife's Acura RDX with the keys in the can, with the lid on, and I could not open the door; normally, standing next to the door lets me pull the handle open without hitting a fob button. I then removed the lid and got the same result. Regardless, we keep the lid on at night. One can sits in the kitchen with one set of keys. The spare keys sit on a night stand, so we can hit the horn alarm if our cameras show someone messing around near our cars.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    If the car was unlocked it wasn’t “broken into.” This happens in my neighborhood from time to time and people still leave their cars unlocked.

There’s no excuse for thievery but please don’t make it easy for the criminals. I know you said it was accidental but check your doors!

This happens quite often in my neighborhood. It doesn't matter if your car is locked or unlocked, the thieves still get in an rifle through the console and glove box. We called the police the first time and they asked if we wanted an incident number to use to make a claim against our insurance. I have lights on in the front yard above the garage and a light pole next to the driveway that are always on. It didn't seem to stop the thieves or slow them down.

viiper

Re-Member
    Dec 3, 2008
    Carroll County

You've been here since 2008 too. Don't know if that made the grandfathering cutoff here (for the WC), but it was probably pretty close.

Thanks fidelity. I'm not actually sure TBH, but yes, been in MD and into guns for some time. You can kind of see the 2008, 2013/2014 and 2020 time frames, probably guess why I started getting engaged more and surfacing to get a sense of things, worried about my 2nd amendment rights. I usually just try to get out and shoot more than forum posts (but hey there is covid now), and have been doing my parts like showing up to Annapolis to voice dissent to more restrictions on rights.

So.... just another Maryland'r trying to make it through and keep all my stuff (before lost in a boating accident), keep shooting, and keep it free for my future generations.

I did want to share we had similar break-ins in our suburbs, that sounded just like what happened here. And also what worked for them catching one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom